Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

LaGerald not starting

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 4 months ago #19978 by CorpusJayhawk
I sure hope what is happening is what i feared would happen when LaGerald was accepted back on the team. This young man has shown us one thing this season for sure. He has some serious talent. But he showed us last season he has issues in his head. Which one will dominate this season? It looked like the talent was winning but that was also the case last season through 14 games. Then it all turned. I am hoping he has grown and matured and will have some mini doldrums and bounce back. This is DEFCON 4 but by the final buzzer we may move to DEFCON 3.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, murphyslaw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
5 years 4 months ago #19989 by hairyhawk
I thought he was solid though definitely not a real difference maker on the good side.

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 4 months ago #19991 by HawkErrant
Although LV did not shoot well, only scoring 5 points, he led the team with 5 assists to just 1 TO, and had 6 rebounds (all defensive), 2 steals and a block in his 31 minutes.

I'd like to see him move more without the ball on offense to try to get open for his shot, and I'd like to see him crash the boards when he takes his shots, but overall he was a critical contributor to winning this game tonight.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 4 months ago #19992 by CorpusJayhawk
Agreed. Vick had a decent game. HIs energy was decent and his aggressiveness was decent. The closeness of this game was not on Vick.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

More
5 years 4 months ago #19997 by Illhawk
I was going to post about how he filled the stats , except points and had a timely score,

It seems that after Dedric. Lawson the two best players last night were Lightfoot and Garrett. Dotson had moments and Moore also did.

To me Vick either backing off on offense , or drawing the best defender opens a door for Mr, Grimes.

One other thought, these close games may help the young guards prepare for the Big XII and March.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

More
5 years 4 months ago #20009 by NotOstertag
Haven't looked at the stats, but his defense and rebounding look better this year. Seems more engaged.

But c'mon, what's going on with his continued punishments by Self? Late to shootaround last time, something else stupid this time (any rumors?). The guy needs to quit making stupid mistakes.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

More
5 years 4 months ago #20011 by Riverhawk
I doubt Vick is going to ever be anything but inconsistent. As said above, he certainly has talent...just still seems to disappear at times. His white hot shooting was fun to watch, but I doubt we will see much of that the remainder of the season. Don't think Big 12 teams will allow him many good looks, and force him to put it on the floor. The bigger question to my mind for this team is Grimes. Supposed to be a super talent but he seems to be very tentative and lacking confidence. Don't get it. If he plays to his reputation, this team could be really good. I also think this squad really needs Silvio...but that's another post.