Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Is Dok done for the year???

• replayloungehawk
  • replayloungehawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 4 months ago #19890 by replayloungehawk
That injury didn't look good at all! Hope the best!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
5 years 4 months ago #19891 by bmchawk
I'm watching on espn+, and they didn't show much, but a friend texted me that the coverage in KC showed the ankle at a really awkward angle. I feel terrible for Doke.

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 4 months ago #19892 by HawkErrant
Self in halftime interview - a high ankle sprain, Dok out indefinitely.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
5 years 4 months ago #19893 by CorpusJayhawk
Self said high ankle sprain. For a big guy that is at least 3 weeks. Bad luck but the timing couldn’t be better. He could miss as few as 4 games.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #19899 by DrJHawker
Thankfully the report is ankle "not broken" - "high ankle sprain" - which is usually a 6 to 7 week full recovery time. I doubt he'll be out that long.
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by DrJHawker.

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 4 months ago #19903 by HawkErrant
In the postgame interview HCBS reported that while he was initially told at the half that it was a high ankle sprain, post game he was updated that it was a normal (not high) ankle sprain. That is much better news!

Video:

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJHawker

More
5 years 4 months ago #19913 by NotOstertag
Feel awful for Dok. Only time will tell how long he's out and how long-lasting the effects will hobble him. The rough thing is that an injury like that needs lots of rest, which is the ONE thing he won't get enough of. Instead, they'll bring him back as soon as they can, tape it up, and it'll probably be less than 100% until the end of the season when he can REALLY rest it.

The one good thing about this timing is that the holiday break is coming up. We only have 1 game next week, 2 the following week and 1 during the break between Chirstmas and New Years. So that's 4 games in 3 weeks instead of 6 which we'd have during a normal 2-game-per-week rotation.

Glad we have some depth, because we'll not only need it when he's out, but when he gets back and will likely be less than 100%.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot