Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Vick not starting against Wofford tonight

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 4 months ago #19886 by HawkErrant
Self in pregame interview with Gurley noted Vick was late to shoot around today, not starting is his punishment.

Garrett starting in his place.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 4 months ago #19889 by Wheatstate Gal
Boob!

More
5 years 4 months ago #19897 by hairyhawk
Vick never did recover from not starting. Though the guys finally came alive at the end. We need to rebound better.

More
5 years 4 months ago #19904 by murphyslaw
His being late shows a character flaw, to me, anyway. I don't care about the reason, I just fear it may be a return to his immature behavior. What was so important that he couldn't get there on time? Boob, indeed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

More
5 years 4 months ago #19916 by NotOstertag
I'm really really trying to approach Vick from a positive perspective, but I agree with you, Murph. Just when you get everything rolling your way, you do something stupid and set yourself back through an unforced error.

The good news is that Self seemed fairly unconcerned about it, so maybe there was a better explanation beyond simple negligence. Nevertheless he played crappy last night...maybe this had something to do with it.

Silver lining: Dodson and Grimes had an opportunity to step up and did very well.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, jayhawk969