Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Urban Meyer announces retirement. Is Bill Self next?

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 4 months ago #19882 by CorpusJayhawk
Living in Sooner country there are not many Jayhawk apologists. I had a friend who mentioned at the beginning of the season that he thought Coach Self would either retire or take over for the Spurs after all the folderol of the FBI investigation and what not. I would love to see Self stick around another 15 years and win 3 or 4 more NC's.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 4 months ago #19884 by HawkErrant
No.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk

More
5 years 4 months ago #19888 by hairyhawk
Urban Meyer has health issues. I have not heard of HCBS having any issue like Mr. Meyer.

More
5 years 4 months ago #19911 by NotOstertag
Anything COULD happen. Self could decide he's more comfortable as a woman, pull a Caitlin Jenner and get a job on The View....but just as there are no indicators of that happening, there have been no indicators that Self wants to quit coaching at KU. If anything, his comments over the years contradict that theory.

Pure speculation and not worth wasting time discussing it unless/until there's something to support the idea.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant