Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Projection for Wofford

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 4 months ago #19871 by CorpusJayhawk
Don't sleep on the Terriers. I have the Terriers as the 38th rated team. This is a good team. The average of the 32 computer polls on the Massey site has them rated 64th. No matter how you slice it this is a dangerous and good team. Wofford is 4-1 with their losses to North Carolina by 11 points and to Oklahoma by 11 points. Their SOS is a respectable 87th ranked. They are well-balanced. Their offensive ranking is 54th and their defensive ranking is 41st. KU's offense is ranked 8th and their defense is ranked 81st. This is currently (at least thus far) a better defensive team than Kansas. I have Kansas as a 10.8 point favorite with about a 91% probability of winning and a projected score of 81.1 to 70.3. Of course, Kansas had over a 97% probability of winning against Stanford. This is a much better team than Stanford. Wofford has steadily improved. The last two games they have outperformed by an average of 8.7 points. Kansas was very consistent in the first 5 games neither improving nor getting worse until the Stanford game where they underperformed by 11.4 points. Wofford's trend could be called a legitimate trend so it is reasonable to think they are legitimately getting better. KU's Stanford performance is hopefully just an aberration. You can be the judge if you take the over or under on the 10.8 point spread based on these trends. Below are the various outputs with the statistics.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk, Socalhawk, porthawk, jaythawk1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.