Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Probability of Remaining Undefeated

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 3 months ago #19854 by CorpusJayhawk
Gonzaga has by far the best probability of remaining undefeated the longest. In fact, Gonzaga has a 48% probability of remaining undefeated through conference play. That is astounding. What a weak schedule. Gonzaga does not fall below a 50% probability of being undefeated until February 16th. Virginia is the next most likely but they fall below 50% on January 9th. Texas Tech is 3rd falling below 50% on December 28th. Kansas will fall below 50% on December 22nd in the game against Arizona St.

As for remaining undefeated through conference play, Gonzaga leads the way as mentioned. Here are the rest.

Gonzaga -- 48.3%
Buffalo -- 8.6%
Nevada -- 2.1%
Texas Tech -- 1.2%

The rest are all well below 1/10th of 1%. These probabilities will obviously change as the teams get fully connected.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: porthawk, KMT, jaythawk1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.