Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Updated DPPI - Good news and bad news

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 5 months ago #19850 by CorpusJayhawk
The good news is, KU is one of 12 remaining undefeated teams. The bad news is, we fell to 8th overall. We fell to 7th on offense and 81st on defense. If you are rating based on actual performance, KU is overrated in the AP Poll. But we are far from the most overrated team. That honor goes to Villanova. The blue bloods (including Kansas) always get the benefit of the doubt in the AP poll. This year, Villanova has performed as the 76th best team in the country but are still in the top 25 (23rd). Kentucky is ranked 10th but has performed only as the 55th best team in the country. Both are far more overrated than Kansas. Other overrated teams include Iowa who is 14th in the AP but 45th in the DPPI. Oregon is 18th in the AP and 70th in the DPPI. Virginia who is 4th in the AP but 19th in the DPPI. Nevada is 5th in the AP and 13th in the DPPI. Michigan St. is 9th in the AP and 18th in the DPPI. Texas is 17th in the AP and 35th in the DPPI.

The Big 12 has probably the 2 most underrated teams in Texas Tech (4th in DPPI) and Iowa St. (10th in DPPI). Utah St. of the Mountain West conference is also greatly underrated.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, porthawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.