Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Game Graph for Stanford

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 4 months ago #19848 by CorpusJayhawk
I am getting a little weary of living on the edge. These graphs with these ups and downs are cutting years off my life. There are 3 Jayhawk runs that are of note.

At 16:00 left in the 2nd half KU was down by 12 when Vick hit his first 3-pointer. Over the next 1:28 Dotson was fouled and went 1-2 from the FT line, Vick hit his 2nd three pointer and Dedric hit a short jumper. to go on a 9-0 run.

Stanford took the punch and took it right back to a 12 point lead over the 2:14.

At 11:48 to go in the 2nd half, KU was down by 12 when Lawson drew a foul and hit both FT's. That started a 26-9 run that saw KU take a 5 point lead. Lawson, Dotson and Azubuike scored the first 12 of KU's points in that run. Then Vick joined in with some 3 pointers and a beautiful layup. Altogether that was a classic run where Lawson scored 6, Azubuike scored 8, Vick scored 8 and Dotson and Garret contributed 2 each. That was a beautiful run where the team was clicking on both ends of the floor.

The last run was all Vick. With 7 seconds to go in the 2nd half, and KU down by three, Vick hit the biggest shot of the game, a beautiful 3-pointer. Then in OT, Vick hit the first 8 points on a pair of 3-pointers and a crazy exciting dunk. The game was all but over at that point and Vick's teammates scored the remaining 7 points. I would like a game that is solid up and to the right from the tipoff.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, porthawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.