Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

30 Point Club

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 5 months ago #19704 by CorpusJayhawk
LaGerald Vick has had an amazing couple games scoring 32 and 33 points. Only one other time has a player logged back to back 30 point games and that was Devonte's amazing run last season against Toledo and Syracuse when he scored 35 in both games. 17 players under Self have scored 30 or more and 9 players have done it multiple times led by Wayne Simien's 4 times, Frank Mason III's 3 times, and Ben McLemore's 3 times. Let's look at some of the other interesting things about these games.

Simien did it by attempting the fewest shots, 8. He went 6-8 (all 2 pointers) but went 18 for 20 from the FT line.

Sherron Collins took the most shots, 26 going 12-26, 2-6 and 6-6 from the FT line.

LaGerald's 8-8 from the three point line is tied for total 3 pointers with Mario when he shot 8-12 but he also hit 2 FT's and 2 2-pointers.

LaGerald's 8-8 against Vermont is also the only time a player scored 30 without attempting or making a FT.

Only 6 of these 30 30+ point games resulted in double-doubles. Wayne Simien had 2 of those 6 double doubles but the prize for most impressive goes to Thomas Robinson with 30 points and 21 rebounds.

One player scored 30 and fouled out. That would be Andrew Wiggins who fouled out in the last minute.

5 players scored 30 in losses while the other 24 were in wins. Mason had two of his three 30 point performances in losses.

13 of these 30 games have come in Allen Fieldhouse. All three of Ben McLemore's 30 point games were in the fieldhouse.

10 have come in pre-conference games, 11 in conference games, 6 in the Big 12 tourney and 3 in the NCAA tourney.

Simien did it against the highest ranked team, scoring 32 against No. 4 ranked Oklahoma St. on 2/7/2005. Malik was close scoring 32 against No. 5 ranked Duke last season in the Elite 8. Mario also gets honorable mention scoring 30 against No. 6 texas in the Sprint Center on 3/16/2008.

Andrew scored the most at 41 against West Virginia on 3/8/2014.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, sasnak, gorillahawk, boulderhawk, porthawk, murphyslaw, jaythawk1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.