Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Player Ratings-Louisiana & Season

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 5 months ago #19700 by CorpusJayhawk
Vick played all 40 minutes against Louisiana. He deserved it. He played very well overall and offensively he was outstanding. His defense was decent and better than average for him. He is playing at another level right now. I hope he can keep it up. The memories of 2017-18 are still fresh when he began the season on fire and basically faded away. I will be a believer when he is still playing at this level in February. But man of man is he playing well now. Azubuike is also playing great. He still is crap at blocking out for a man with his girth. But his offense is coming along and his defense is also improving. Recall that a rating per minute of 0.6 is pretty much what we need from starters and 0.50 or above is ideal for subs. You can see the red bar in the top graph that Dotson is not quite cutting it yet. He is playing about what we would like from a key sub. We need him to step up a bit. Garrett is playing right about where we need as well. Charlie Moore is the only player that has not delivered statistically at a level that we need. His player rating per minute of 0.36 is not good at all. David McCormack, OTOH, has given great minutes. Mostly defense and rebounding. Udoka is lights out with a RPM of 0.97. He cannot keep that up (or can he?) I doubt he will get this level of statistical performance once we start playing teams with legitimate bigs. But 0.97 is crazy good. Vick, Grimes and Lawson are also very good on the season even though all three have now had one down game each. You can see the individual player graphs below.

We have three consistent players. Udoka is consistently great, Marcus is consistently good (where we need him to be as a key sub) and Devon is consistently good as a sub but not quite what we need from a starter. Although when the other 4 starters are playing at the level they are, Dotson has little room to accumulate stats. Moore has also been somewhat consistent but consistently not very good is the problem. McCormack has played limited minutes but has delivered in spades. He deserves more minutes. Everyone else has had one big down game. So far I am very encouraged by this team.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, hairyhawk, Socalhawk, murphyslaw, KMT, jaythawk1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.