Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Wiggins, Oubre, Jackson, McLemore,

• hoshi
  • hoshi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 5 months ago #19624 by hoshi
I have been reflecting on all four of the the NBA performance/growth of these former one-and-done (playing time wise) KU players. None of the four have become NBA superstars although all are having nice NBA careers. Due to family circumstances, I think they all made the right decision to go pro but I wonder whether an additional year under Self might not have made them more complete players. I/we have observed that it often takes a year or two for Self players to "get it." Namely, become more assertive, confident and better defenders. We have seen players mature into strong leaders under self when leadership may not have been in their DNA. Svi and Devonte come to mind.

Question, economics aside, do you think Wiggins, Oubre, Jackson and McLemore would all better pros today if they had stayed a second year under Self?

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.