Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Ochai Agbaji to redshirt

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 5 months ago #19579 by HawkErrant
Tait: Self says Agbaji will redshirt

I think KU will need him this year, if the exhibition games are any measure at all. I know I was very impressed with him and not so much with KJ Lawson. Of course if really needed they can always pull the redshirt. I will, however, confess to liking the idea of having him for 4 years after this one — if he lasts that long before leaving.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk, newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
5 years 5 months ago #19581 by CorpusJayhawk
KU’s success with the redshirt has been tremendous. I am excited about this. Ochai has a great chance to have a real impact by his senior year.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!

More
5 years 5 months ago #19585 by NotOstertag
I think this is a good call. We have plenty of depth this year, and he'll only get better practicing and working out with the team this year. To me, this is similar to how freshmen used to not be able to play varsity, but better. You still get 4 years out of a kid if you need them.

I wasn't to excited about Lightfoot redshirting. I love Mitch and his positive attitude is off the charts. Nevertheless, I don't see him playing in the NBA. I do see him playing 4 years at Kansas, but never being a superstar. He's a guy you love to have on your bench, in your locker room, and to put in games because he can give you spark, won't screw anything up, will execute the game plan, and will give you 200% effort (and maybe boost the effort level of those around him). Nevertheless, it didn't make sense to me to have him sit this season and then come back.

Good call. Wait a year and get more playing time later on.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: murphyslaw