Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

What are your thoughts re: Mich St?

• JhawkMom
  • JhawkMom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 5 months ago #19574 by JhawkMom
I'm working the polls tomorrow so won't be around for pregame chatter. Wondering what y'all are thinking about our chances of winning this game. Can one week of practice solve the problems I saw in the exh game??? I'm taping the game of course and will be watching the game late but do not want to know the final before then so won't be on here till very late. Have fun.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
5 years 5 months ago #19577 by CorpusJayhawk
Hey Mom. I have a high level of respect for Coach Izzo. He really seems to have KU’s number meaning that when we have equal talent he tends to win. I think we have a slightly better team but that is debatable given our youth. I say this is a true 50/50 slugfest. Two great coaches, two solid teams, great event venue, what’s not to like?

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!

More
5 years 5 months ago #19583 by NotOstertag
An analogy:

KU challenges MSU to a drag race. Neither team has a car and has to build one from the ground up.

KU has a bunch of really great parts, a super engine, and a great mechanic (Bill Self) to build it.

MSU has a bunch of really great parts, a really great engine, and a great mechanic (Tom Izzo) to build it.

Some car guys are saying that KU has some better new fancy parts fresh from the auto parts store, and that will give KU an advantage. Other car guys have noted that MSU is re-using some proven parts that have always been very reliable and that have been reconditioned to brand new condition.

Now it's time for the race. The only catch: neither car has ever been driven before. Will they start? Will things run as they've been designed. This is essentially a "test drive" that counts for real.

I expect a very good and close game. Indianapolis is about as close to "neutral" as a court can get too. Plenty close enough to draw MSU fans, but also in range for KU fans. Both fan bases will show up. Fasten you seat belt.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: hairyhawk, Bayhawk, porthawk, KMT, jaythawk1

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 5 months ago #19589 by Wheatstate Gal
Fasten your seatbelts.......It’s going to be a bumpy night!
The following user(s) said Thank You: NotOstertag