Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Say it ain't so!!!!!

• Bayhawk
  • Bayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 5 months ago #19572 by Bayhawk

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
5 years 5 months ago #19573 by JhawkMom
Not me. Don't think he will leave KU. not to worry :-)

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 5 months ago #19578 by HawkErrant
Not if Myron Medcalf is connected to it in any way.

“Just the facts, sir.”

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk

More
5 years 5 months ago #19584 by Illhawk
I always thought if he left it would be for the Spurs. Hot sure a 3-4 year stint works for him or them?

More
5 years 5 months ago #19586 by NotOstertag
I have the transcript of what was going on in Medcalf's head when he was writing this:

Ok, Myron, we've got a deadline coming up...gotta get a column out. Concentrate. Do I need to take the garbage cans down to the curb tonight? No, that's tomorrow. COME ON. CONCENTRATE.

What did I write last year?....OH YEAH! Predictions! This is easy. I can knock this off quick and then get back to watching Monday Night Football.

Ok, #1...hmmmm.......need to grab attention since nobody reads past the 3rd or 4th paragraph anyway.....DUKE! Everybody likes Duke, and I'll just make Zion Williamson out to be the second coming of LeBron. Easy......and there. Done. Ok, one down, nine to go. Maybe I should do a "5 predictions" thing next year...who made the rule that his has to be 10? Letterman? Dammit, Byron, Concentrate!

#2.....#2......Zion Williamson...picked Duke over Kansas....Kansas is #1 in all the polls....Kansas and the FBI....OOOH OOOH I've got it! KU goes to the FF (because people like to harp on Self for never winning it all), and the FBI is snooping....so Self bolts for the NBA!!! YES! That'll get some hits on the site. The bosses will love that. Lemmie google and see if Self has ever indicated that he wants to go to the NBA......nothing...damn. Oh well, I'll write it anyway.

#3...ok, so I've talked about Duke (ACC) and Kansas (Big 12), I guess I gotta mention something about the SEC. What can I say to give Kentucky fans indigestion....

Half an hour later, he hits "send" and emails his story to his boss at ESPN, cracks open a Bud Lite, and parks his butt on the couch having earned some downtime after a tough day (45 minutes) at the office.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk, porthawk, murphyslaw, KMT, Wheatstate Gal