Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Happy day!

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 7 months ago #19304 by murphyslaw
I substitute taught at a junior high school today, and before I took role for one class, a student saw my KU scarf and asked what KU sport I liked best. When I said "Basketball," he smiled and told me Mitch Lightfoot was his brother! Sure enough, his name was on the seating chart, Max Lightfoot, and he resembled Mitch. Classes were shortened due to early release so I had little time to talk to him, but he did say his parents' home had been in Leavenworth some time ago and they had returned here from Arizona. He also said he hoped to play for KU some day.

I'm still smiling.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, sasnak, hairyhawk, Bayhawk, gorillahawk, wardhawk, porthawk, texkan, Wheatstate Gal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.