Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Bill Self too secure to worry about freshmen minutes

• Sieverling
  • Sieverling's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • c'86. Call me Dave
More
8 years 3 months ago #1039 by Sieverling

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
8 years 3 months ago #1042 by Kong
Energy, Experience, and Defensive Intensity are probably the most important to Self. To him, they translate into wins. Both Bragg and Diallo have the energy, they just need the experience and consistent defensive intensity. I, personally, think that Bragg is a bit further along, but either could get it together and make some huge strides in the next couple of weeks that puts them into the rotation. They have the talent.

Visualize Whirled Peas

More
8 years 3 months ago #1043 by Illhawk
I always figured Bragg was a two year player, and next year he could be somewhat akin to a blend of the Twins during their Junior season, and drafted mid-lottery. Diallo might get drafted fairly high based on "upside" or come back and with a realistic shot to go top three? With Mari, Perry and Hunter gone there will be minutes to go around. Even on the slight chance they both come back, and adding Colby, there would be minutes for one more big.

More
8 years 3 months ago #1057 by hairyhawk
I do not think Bragg can put on the weight necessary to be physical enough on the block to be that dominant in 1 year. I think he has the skills to do it. I also think his body will develop to do it if he continues to work hard. I remember reading that the Morri were workaholics at training and it took them 3 years to get physical enough. I really like Bragg's game and think he can be exceptional but I just hope he stays long enough to be physically matured to the point of WORLD DOMINATION.