Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

State of the KU basketball roster entering the final break of summer vacation

• porthawk
  • porthawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 8 months ago #19044 by porthawk
Thought this was a great read from Matt Tait. He does a nice job summarizing each's players prospects moving forward.

www2.kusports.com/weblogs/tale-tait/2018...ku-basketball-roste/
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, gorillahawk, murphyslaw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 8 months ago #19046 by HawkErrant
Great minds, porthawk! Beat me by *that* much!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

• porthawk
  • porthawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 8 months ago #19047 by porthawk
Yeah, I guess so, but your post is filled with so much more substance so I like yours better. :)

More
5 years 8 months ago #19048 by murphyslaw
And you do a nice job finding and posting interesting info!

More
5 years 8 months ago #19049 by hairyhawk
It is summer so I will play nattering nabob of negativity. We have a while before we get to see how the team plays together but as others have mentioned, though there is talent, there are concerns. IMHO what made Dok so effective last season is we had 3 great 3 point shooter on the floor at all times Except the fewm minutes a game when Marcus played the 3. Teams had to keep there defense spread which allowed Dok to go 1 on 1 in the post quite often. This year will be different because I think teams will pack it in against us. We will need to prove that we can shoot the 3 at a good rate and make them come out to guard us. That is a big part of what made Dok so good last year. Another thing that I see as being key is can Dedric be good enough to force other teams to double him. If he can that is huge because I doubt they will be able to double with the other big which means they will need to bring a small to double him which should open up the perimeter.

I like Tait's thoughts on Garret because I feel that is going to be the true test for this team. Marcus is such a good defender he can really help us in that part of the game. It has been since they changed the rules on the perimeter defenders that we have had a team that really played Bill Self defense. This team will need to play great defense because even with all of the force inside that we have we need to keep the other team from scoring. We probably will shoot a high percentage of 2s and make a high percentage of 2s but if the other team can shoot 3s at a high percentage against us it will not be good. We did that to a lot of teams last year and I do not want to see other teams do it to us this coming year. There is a lot to be excited about in the coming season but we do not really know what we have until they hit the floor. Hopefully it will be a very special season

On another thought I want to thank all of the people who find these links and post them on this board. I really enjoy seeing new threads when I visit which is usually several times a week. Thank you very much for all of the good work you do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk