Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Svi and Devonte contract questions....

• NotOstertag
  • NotOstertag's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 9 months ago #18946 by NotOstertag
As 2nd round picks, neither has a guaranteed deal. That being said, at some point they either will or won't be offered a longer-term contract than a bare minimum "summer league tryout" deal.

Has that happened yet for either of them? If not, what do we feel like the odds are of actually seeing them on the full time rosters of their prospective teams? I'm most concerned for Svi because with LeBron going to the Lakers, LeBron has already clearly had an impact on other roster changes at the Lakers. I'd hate to see Svi left without a chair when the music stops because LeBron wants one of his buddies on the team instead.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 9 months ago #18947 by HawkErrant
Graham recently signed with Charlotte for $4M over 3 years, first 2 years guaranteed.
www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12...rticle214509754.html

Haven’t seen anything yet on Svi. Hoping he ends up staying a Laker, as it would be great for Svi to be on a winning team, and like him or not (and I haven’t since “The Decision”), James is a winner, even if recent Lakers teams haven’t been.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyHawk, gorillahawk, murphyslaw

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 9 months ago #18948 by HawkErrant
Seems you asked on the right day, NotO.

No details on any guarantees, but good news for Our Man Mykhailiuk.

“... rookie deal. Deal includes team option.”

Don’t know what is “team option”.
Anybody?

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk, murphyslaw

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #18949 by porthawk
Just looked up "team option" and found this, HE.

A team option grants the original team the right to keep a player for another year.

www.nba.com/news/features/fa-explainer/
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by porthawk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, gorillahawk

• NotOstertag
  • NotOstertag's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 9 months ago #18950 by NotOstertag
Thanks HE and Port. Those guys are certainly making more that I did in my first job out of college.

Bottom line, it looks like they'll each have a couple years at minimum to see how they'll do, and if they're smart they'll be set up financially for life.

Two great players and by all appearances great people. Super to see it working out for them.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk