Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Svi making KU proud

• JhawkMom
  • JhawkMom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 9 months ago #18917 by JhawkMom
I'm watching a tape of tonight's lakers game and Svi looks good. Has hit a few of his legendary 3s and they are beautiful!!!!

I figured why I don't like the nba. I don't care about any of the players except our Jayhawks. I guess I'll just have to tape their games so I can zoom past the times when our guys aren't on the floor

His majesty isn't there so I would imagine Svi's time will be shorter than tonight. These may be all the second stringers along with newbies

Still great to see Svi looking so good
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, gorillahawk, murphyslaw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
5 years 9 months ago #18920 by murphyslaw
Sounds as if you have the same opinion of Lebron that I do. His arrogant remarks, having to run whatever team he's on, and being such a whiner when he fouls, haven't endeared him to me. Talented? Of course; but when he has told his teammates, "Follow my lead," and then has lost that particular championship game, he has shown his true colors, IMHO. That's demoralizing to the others on "his" team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

• JhawkMom
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 9 months ago #18924 by JhawkMom
Saw a tape of Frank's first game. Wow, he was amazing. He looked like he was in AFH. Same sharp shooter, slashing to the basket. We'll hear a lot about him this year. I just MAY be watching more tapes of the nba games. Ugh lol

Do you follow any of them?

Malik has a
N ankl injury so he hasn't played yet. But...... I read about Youngs game and he subpar hahaha. Loved that our guys are doing so great but the kid bombed lol. So happy

More
5 years 9 months ago #18925 by Illhawk
I caught most of the Lakers -Kings game and they were on the court at the same time for quite a bit. Frank looks comfortable running his team. But still has challenges going to the rim.

Svi seemed to loom at the three point line on offense.

I am not the only one that has some concern about both of them guarding top NBA wings. Frank because of size and Svi because of speed. At least in that setting they seemed fine.

More
5 years 9 months ago #18927 by murphyslaw
I follow most teams that have a KU player on their roster, and If I catch a game that has James' team playing, I stop and root for the other team.

Glad to hear Young bombed! Still upset he got drafted so early. Oh well, there's always Karma!

• JhawkMom
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 9 months ago #18928 by JhawkMom
You bet and we saw it very early in the tourney when the kid had the worst game of his life and got his team out early. That was just wonderful to see