Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

James joins Svi at Lakers

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 8 months ago #18905 by HawkErrant
Yahoo Sports: James to Lakers

Makes perfect sense for him. Every team LeBron has won an NBA title with had a Jayhawk on it.

“James to Svi for 3... Lakers win!”

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
5 years 8 months ago #18906 by AZhawk87
Fascinating dichotomy. Svi stays in school, improves his skills, gets a degree and matures. Lakers take him with a plan to get Lebron and have Svi available as their go to 3 point shooter. He has a chance to see his career skyrocket.

Vick and Preston take altogether different routes, and are in the outside looking in, praying to make any NBA team and begging to return to college.

If you're sure fire lottery pick you have to go, at any age. Otherwise play out your college career and good things might happen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

More
5 years 8 months ago #18907 by NotOstertag
This could be very potentially good for Svi, playing on a high profile team as part of the supporting cast of one of the best ever. As one of the articles points out, LA needs shooters so that when defenses collapse on LeBron, he can dish to guys like Svi on the perimeter.

At the same time, LA getting LeBron changes everything from how much salary cap space they have, who ELSE LeBron wants on the team, and the fact that the Lakers are now a totally different team with adjusted needs.

Svi doesn't have a guaranteed deal, and while the (pre-LeBron) Lakers certainly sounded very interested in keeping Svi for the long term, things change. I think this could be a very good thing for Svi, but at the same time it's like getting a new CEO at your company, things can change in unexpected ways.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, gorillahawk

More
5 years 8 months ago #18910 by porthawk
LeBron to Lakers great news for Svi Mykhailiuk
www2.kusports.com/news/2018/jul/01/tom-k...iuk/?mens_basketball

More
5 years 8 months ago #18913 by NotOstertag
Lots of trading and roster changes happening at the Lakers as a result of LeBron's arrival. Kind of reminds me of when Wiggins went to Cleveland and then LeBron came back, which sent Wiggins to Minnesota. In fact, I think the LJW guys were saying how great it was going to be for Andrew to play with LeBron, which never happened.

So I'm hopeful that Svi will get to play with LeBron, I feel like I've seen this show before. I do think it would be great for Svi, but right now they seem to be shuffling the deck pretty rapidly in LA, so that's got to be a little stressful for a 2nd round guy without a confirmed contract.

The latest:http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23978964/los-angeles-lakers-renounce-julius-randle-agree-terms-rajon-rondo

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #18916 by porthawk
Looks like he did pretty well. They played Sacramento and Mr. Frank Mason hit the big shot to seal the victory.

Svi Mykhailiuk shows off shooting, athleticism in Lakers' summer league debut
www2.kusports.com/weblogs/smithology/201...off-shooting-athlet/
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by porthawk.