Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Trevon Duval and the Other Side of Duke’s One-and-Done Era (The Ringer)

• porthawk
  • porthawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 10 months ago #18798 by porthawk
www.theringer.com/2018/4/9/17213792/trev...al-duke-one-and-done

I wonder how much of it is on the players (like Trent and Duval) and how much of it is the persuasive tactics of Coach K and Calipari? Also, I wonder what would happen if Duval stayed for two more years? Does he have the potential to become a Grayson Allen-type player or would he just get pushed the fringes by the other one-and-done players? If the answer is the former, then it means he needed more patience in development. If the answer is the latter, then it shows that he should have picked a different program.

Regardess of that, I'm rooting for a guys like Devonte Graham, Jalen Brunson, and Jevon Carter (in addition to guys from last year like Frank Mason and Fred VanVleet. Great players who played 4 years (3 years in Brunson's case, but he graduated), improved, and served their university well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.