Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

AY2018-19 ROSTER & STAFF KUMBB as of 2019-05-31

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 11 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #18577 by HawkErrant
AY2018-19 ROSTER & STAFF KUMBB
NB: This origin page will will be updated as new information (e.g., uni #s, new additions or losses {hopefully none of the latter} or updated links) becomes available. -- HE

ACADEMIC YEAR 2018-19 Men's Basketball Roster
#  NAME			HT	WT	POS YR	  HOMETOWN/PRIOR SCHOOL
0  Marcus Garrett	6-5	195	G   So	  Dallas, TX
1  Dedric Lawson	6-9	235	F   JrRS  Memphis, TN/Memphis
2  Charlie Moore	5-11	180	G   SoRs  Chicago, IL/California
5  Quentin Grimes	6-5	210	G   Fr	  The Woodlands, TX
10 EJ Elliott*          6-3     185     G   Fr    Southlake, TX
11 Devon Dotson		6-1	185	G   Fr	  Charlotte, NC
12 Chris Teahan*	6-5	195	G   So	  Kansas City, MO
13 KJ Lawson 		6-8	210	F   SoRS  Memphis, TN/Memphis
20 Garrett Luinstra*    6-1	155	G   Fr	  Lawrence, KS 
30 Ochai Agbaji 	6-5	210	G   Fr	  Kansas City, MO
33 David McCormack	6-10	265	C   Fr	  Mouth of Wilson VA
44 Mitch Lightfoot	6-8	225	F   Jr	  Gilbert, AZ
INACTIVE
35 Udoka Azubuike~      7-0	270	C   Jr	  Lagos, Nigeria
22 Silvio De Sousa$     6-9	245	F   So	  Luanda, Angola
24 Lagerald Vick~~	6-5	190	G   Sr	  Memphis, TN

*Walk on
^ Red-shirting this season
+ Current year transfer, sitting out this season
# Graduate transfer
~ Season ending injury
$ NCAA declared ineligible until senior year 2019-02-01; appeal restored junior season eligibility, 2019-05-24
~~ Left team for personal reasons 2019-02-07
Here is a link to the AY2018-19 KUAD Official Roster. It includes links with more info on both the players and also the staff. NB: You can select prior season rosters from the Season dropdown menu in the upper right hand corner of the KUAD page.

Prior year RCB version of the roster can be found here.

2018-04-25: Astute readers will note that for now I do not have KUFB tight end walk-on James Sosinski (6-7/250 redshirt junior forward from Chandler, AZ) on the roster. It is entirely possible that he will return for next season, but to date I have not heard anything on him doing so, and hopefully KU will not require his presence for another season. With all that, I'd love to see him back for more Red Team experience in practice. I still recall Self saying that James really made Dok work hard in practice.

2018-06-30: Updated roster for announcement of the return of Lagerald Vick for his senior season.

2018-07-06: Updated roster for announcement of Lagerald Vick wearing #24 for his senior season.

2018-07-23: Updated roster for announcement of Sam Cunliffe transferring (he eventually opted for Xavier).

2018-11-05: Updated roster for announcement of Ochai Agbaji redshirting for this season.

2019-01-06: Updated roster for announcement of Udoka Azubuike being out for the season with his second wrist ligament injury (right wrist this time).

2019-01-09: Updated roster for Ochai Agbaji doffing his redshirt after Udoka Azubuike injury.

2019-02-01: Updated roster for NCAA decision on Silvio De Sousa .

2019-01-09: Updated roster for Vick taking "leave of absence" from KU Basketball team .

2019-05-24: Silvio Freed!

Rock Chalk!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by HawkErrant. Reason: Updated for De Sousa appeal decision
The following user(s) said Thank You: porthawk, KMT, jaythawk1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
More
5 years 10 months ago #18747 by HawkErrant
As noted earlier today, new C David McCormack is arriving in Lawrence today. He says he will be wearing #33, so I have updated the AY2018-19 roster to reflect that.

I have not seen anything on when the other newbies will be showing up. Walk-on PG Garrett Luinstra lives in Lawrence, and SG Ochai Agbaji lives in KC, but SG Quentin Grimes lives near Houston, PG Devon Dotson lives in Charlotte NC and walk-on SG EJ Elliott hails from Dallas. We can expect to be hearing news of their arriving in Lawrence in the next few days since the first day of classes for the summer session begins Tuesday, June 5.

From the roster...
Who haven't we heard from yet"
Quentin Grimes	     6-5  180	G   Fr	  The Woodlands, TX
Devon Dotson	     6-1  180	G   Fr	  Charlotte, NC
Ochai Agbaji	     6-5  200	G   Fr	  Kansas City, MO
Garrett Luinstra*    6-1  150	G   Fr	  Lawrence, KS 
EJ Elliott*          6-3  185	G   Fr    Dallas, TX

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: murphyslaw

• HawkErrant
More
5 years 9 months ago #18897 by HawkErrant
As first reported here by porthawk (thanks again, port!),Lagerald Vick will be returning for his senior year.
Here is the LJW story on it.

• HawkErrant
More
5 years 9 months ago #18914 by HawkErrant
Charlie Moore has Vick’s old #2 now, and won’t be giving it up (part of the return terms from Self), so wondering what LV will chose?

4= 2 squared and is available with Devonté graduating. Feels nice.

12 ( Chris Teahan) and 22 (Silvio De Sousa) are taken.

15 has been worn by some hallowed Jayhawks, and also happens to represent the first target for this year’s team - win its 15th straight Big 12 title.

32 is available, as is 42.

42... hmmm... the answer to the question of life, the universe and everything.

Yeah, I think I like that. Very symbolic for our sole senior in search for the answers to his own personal questions.

More
5 years 9 months ago #18915 by Bayhawk
I like #15 for him assuming he works out as well as we hope.

So long, and thanks for all the fish, :P

--RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

• HawkErrant
More
5 years 9 months ago #18938 by HawkErrant
... but with donning #24 for his senior season, Lagerald Vick joins these past Jayhawks (a small sample from the pool of former 24s), and hopefully he can help his team be as successful as they each did in their own ways...

Sasha Kaun
Chris Piper
Alonzo Jamison
Travis Releford
Kelly Knight

Hope you wear it well, LV!

• HawkErrant
More
5 years 8 months ago #18995 by HawkErrant
Updated OP roster for announcement that Sam Cunliffe is transferring

• HawkErrant
More
5 years 8 months ago #19045 by HawkErrant
Matt Tait: "Updated state of the KU basketball roster entering the final break of summer vacation"

Good stuff from Matt, including the results of his readers' poll re: who should start next year and a look at how things might work out for each player on the 2018-19 Jayhawks (e.g., he thinks Mitch would most likely be the only redshirt next year).

FWIW, his fan "survey says":
PG – Charlie Moore (45%) — Devon Dotson (37%)
SG – Quentin Grimes (87%) — Devon Dotson (7%)
SF – Lagerald Vick (62%) — Quentin Grimes (18%)
PF – Dedric Lawson (81%) — Silvio De Sousa (13%)
C – Udoka Azubuike (94%) — 3 tied at 2%
(Matt's starting five: Dotson, Grimes, Garrett, D. Lawson, Azubuike.)

What's your thoughts on who the starters will be?

For me, I think Moore will start the season at PG, but my season's end starting 5 (barring injury, of course) is the same as Matt's. I also think that Silvio is going to get significant PT next year. I really, really like what he brings to the table for KU.

And I must say although I would understand it if Mitch did, I hope no one redshirts next year. I think Bill could keep everyone happy, and I so love the depth... and Mitch is just so much Mr. Jayhawk.

Enjoy!

The following user(s) said Thank You: porthawk

• HawkErrant
More
5 years 5 months ago #19580 by HawkErrant
Roster in OP updated to record Agbaji as redshirting for this season.

• HawkErrant
More
5 years 3 months ago #20428 by HawkErrant
Roster in origin post updated to reflect Udoka's injury, Ochai playing this year and updated weight info (Hudy Effect!).

• HawkErrant
More
5 years 2 months ago #21099 by HawkErrant
OP edited to reflect NCAA’s Silvio decision and Vick leave of absence.