Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Video of game ending and net cutting

• porthawk
  • porthawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #18083 by porthawk
Love the dancing and genuine happiness from the players during the net-cutting ceremony...especially Vick. And I don't know if anyone else thought this, but I got a tad nervous watching Dok climb the ladder :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
6 years 1 month ago #18085 by mtnMan
Yes, I worried about Doke!!

I've seen other videos of the end that show what I will describe more clearly but you can see a bit of this at the start of this video. As time expired, Bagley was the only player on the Kansas end. He was at the FT line and was so stunned he couldn't move. All the other Duke players were at their bench getting ready for the handshake. A Duke player saw Bagley stranded and ran out, put his arm around him, and guided him back to the bench. Before you look at the video,
two questions:

1. Who was the player to ran to help his teammate?

2. Who was the player at the same time was starting the handshake line?

More
6 years 1 month ago #18086 by Kong
Trent. He came out and gathered Bagley up. I noticed when it happened and said two things at the time. One was that Bagley wasn't in the midst of a rush and was left mostly on his own and that the other guy wasn't coming out to save him so much as to console him so I looked up who #2 was.

As for who started the handshake, I have no idea.

Visualize Whirled Peas

More
6 years 1 month ago #18092 by mtnMan
The Captain Allen hadn't noticed his teammate in distress and so was first in the handshake line. Trent came running out to his teammate. I was impressed.