Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Speaking of gravy - all time wins

• NotOstertag
  • NotOstertag's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #18068 by NotOstertag
It's been a good year so far, and we have an opportunity to pick up 2 more. Since we're the only member of the 2000+ club still playing, here's a quick look:

1.) Kentucky - 2237 wins to start the season + 26 = 2263 (until they nail Calipari and have to delete a season or two)
2.) Kansas - 2217 to start + 31 (so far) = 2248. Went from 20 back to 15 back, or net +5 vs UK.
3.) UNC - 2206 to start + 26 = 2232. KU picks up 5 (so far) and continues to add distance. (should have vacated seasons due to cheating scandal).
4.) Duke - 2115 + 29 = 2144. KU up 2 on Duke, but Duke picks up 3 on both UK and UNC. Still, over 100 games behind us.

With a 16 game lead on UNC, it would most likely take multiple years for them to catch back up to us, and I don't think HCRW has that much gas left in his tank. While it will likely take a similar time frame to catch UK, we've made up some significant ground.

Let's add 2 more to the totals.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk, gorillahawk, newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.