Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Did Kentucky slight KansasSt. In post game handshake?

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #17857 by CorpusJayhawk
For anyone watching the game, what was the deal? Calipari says he wanted to shake hands but the KSU wildcats were too busy celebrating so they eventually left the floor. The Wildcats seem to think they left without even trying to shake hands. Probably somewhere in the middle.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by CorpusJayhawk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
6 years 1 month ago #17860 by porthawk

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 1 month ago #17861 by HawkErrant
The coverage went away from the game right after interviews with Weber and Barry Brown. If Calipari and his players waited at all, there was no way of telling from what I saw.

Even if unintentional, imo it breaks with traditional norms, and is hard to consider as anything but a snub. Certainly not something one would expect from true championship material people.

Oh, I’m sorry, I know better than to use such terms in close proximity to Calipari. The confusion it could cause could be truly harmful to the psyche of those encountering such a thing.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
6 years 1 month ago #17863 by NotOstertag
So happy to see K-State knock them out. I loved how many UK fans filled the stadium and how quiet it got as they all stood around stunned after the game. I'm sure most of them planned to make a weekend out of and are now looking to unload their Saturday tickets.

I'm also sure that there were many who had already made plans to go to the Final Four. Hope they enjoy choking on those cancellation charges. :)

Didn't notice the handshake thing, but I'm happy it's being spun in a way that reflects poorly on the Squid and his players.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot