Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Sidenotes.....

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Wheatstate Gal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #17730 by Wheatstate Gal
So, the 91 year old mom unit was thrilled that Pres Obama's bracket cursed MSU. Could be as bad as the SI cover curse.

I share a wall at work with this guy. His wife got her PhD from KSU....HOW? I'm not sure. I think she did one semester in residence in the Little Apple. But I digress....

Anyway, he struts into my office this morning just laughing his head off. Gee, "Wheaty," sorry about your team. They sure sucked it this past weekend. K State is still playing.

I cannot give you my verbatim response to him. So, I said, what?

We are going to the Sweet 16. Too bad you guys lost.

I said, we didn't lose.

Oh, I thought you did.....I just wanted to rub it in because we won.

what a d*** **S!

I mean.....aren't we the University of KANSAS? It's not like we are Creighton and you have to LOOK to see where Creighton is located, if you don't already know.

:pinch:

Moron!
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, HawkErrant, Bayhawk, replayloungehawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 1 month ago #17735 by HawkErrant
What a maroon!

What school was he thinking you were from?

I truly hope he was thoroughly humiliated by his faux pas.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
6 years 1 month ago #17745 by konza63
A huge percentage of Purp fans have become super annoying toward KU. I used to think ours was a rather friendly rivalry, but it's obvious that some of the hateful "Winner envy" that Misery fans exhibited so poisonously the last decade of their time in the Big 8/Big 12 has crept into the Statie fan base and collective mindset.

Any fan base that has an "official" cheer at Bramlage (with parents' kids present in the stands) that has "FU, KU" in it (and is repeated by just every person I've ever seen in the stands on TV) has become inflicted with a similar poison, in my opinion. I wish Statie fans could treat their losses (and lower status) at the hand of KU in hoops the way I've come to treat KU football relative to their program (once Snyder arrived, and excepting our good years under Mangino). I actually can joke about KU's poor stature with them, even as it hurts me inside to admit it. That's called "dealing with reality," which is something that many of their fans cannot seem to bring themselves to as it applies to KU's elite and dominant status in basketball.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

More
6 years 1 month ago #17750 by JRhawk
Let's give Myron Medcalf (and 9 other ESPN so-called experts) some of the credit for jinxing MSU. He had them as NC, with Arizona, Nova, and Gonzaga in FF. 8 others of ESPN had Virginia as NC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 1 month ago #17752 by HawkErrant
The more they overlook KU, the happier I am.

While I do not blame them from the perspective of Self’s issues winning in the E8, they really are ignoring how the Big XII and KU have played out this year. If you could ever call a Self KU squad a “little engine that could” it would be this one. And after
winning #14,
then the way they won the Big XII Tournament despite not having Azubuike,
the “next man up” character of this team in the last month and
the return of what looks to be a practically fully functional Dok for the Regional,
they really should be paying more attention to these Jayhawks.

Around the Horn today everyone had Duke to the FF.

Same with Pardon the Interruption.

But I truly am glad they are not giving credence to KU’s chances.

The guys may never check this site, but they know what is being said on tv, in the media and in social media. I want us being MAJORLY DISRESPECTED to the end.

So come, experts and non-KU sports fans, set the controls to Shun Factor 10 and Engage!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: KMT