Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Reseeding the Sweet 16...what a joke

• replayloungehawk
  • replayloungehawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #17721 by replayloungehawk
Check out this article by Myron Medcalf. He reseeded KU as a #3. How ridiculous. So you are a #1 seed, you win both your games and then get reseeded to a #3. I've never liked this guy.

www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/sto...t-reseeding-sweet-16
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
6 years 1 month ago #17722 by konza63
You lost me at "Myron Medcalf."

Can't stand him. He has something against KU.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, KMT

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #17723 by porthawk
So when I read your post, replay, I thought you meant that KU was the third ranked team (behind Villanova and Duke). After reading the article, I learned that KU is not the third overall seeded/ranked team, but the 10th...10th...which is completely ABSURD. (They would be one of the four 3 seeds in Medcalf's opinion). That seems, to me, like one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read from a columnist.
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by porthawk.

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 1 month ago #17725 by HawkErrant
“Joke”: noun

Person example: Medcalf

Thing example: Anything Medcalf writes, although anything he writes is also an example of “garbage”

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
6 years 1 month ago #17728 by konza63

That seems, to me, like one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read from a columnist.

And you would be correct, Port.

If that's not the very definition of a "biased commentator with some hidden axe to grind," I don't know what is.

Is Medcalf a Misery grad? :dry:

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #17729 by Wheatstate Gal
Asked this myself.

MN State at Mankato.

Perennial powerhouse....hockey?

More
6 years 1 month ago #17734 by porthawk

More
6 years 1 month ago #17739 by Riverhawk
Sports Illustrated has KU #3 behind only Villanova(2) and Duke(1). Connor Muldowney wrote the article. Never heard of him. His rankings seem to make sense to me, although I might switch one and two. And I, for one, was not that impressed with Clemson. Yes, they looked good and no they won't be easy, but Auburn was AWFUL. Truly terrible.

More
6 years 1 month ago #17740 by porthawk
Totally agree with you there, Riverhawk.

More
6 years 1 month ago #17748 by wchawk
Let them all talk trash and disrespect us. Make us feel like an underdog. Let them talk up how easy of a path Kentucky has (apply the pressure here). Keep talking about Nova and Duke final. Maybe Syracuse can find a way? (One can hope) But let them ALL talk about anyone but us. Then let's go Rock Chalk them up!!

More
6 years 1 month ago #17749 by NotOstertag
He's trolling at the pro level.

Let's say I started a list and posted it here as "Best to worst posters on the RC Board". I'm sure we'd all read it, and it would offend some people, some would like it, and it would probably cause a minor hullabaloo.

Oldest trick in the book. Any "list" story (10 best rock songs of all time, top 10 comedy movies of the 1980s, etc.) is lazy "journalism" designed to stir the pot.

The pot has been stirred. Kind of like throwing a firecracker into a crowd. Take it for what it is: Medcalf stayed up late last night watching the West Virginia State Championship and was too tired to do any real work today, so he spewed this out as part of his hangover recovery.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, KMT