Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Top-seeded Jayhawks experience 'terrific' fans during their two wins in Wichita

• gorillahawk
  • gorillahawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #17695 by gorillahawk
Top-seeded Jayhawks experience 'terrific' fans during their two wins in Wichita

"WICHITA
Kansas’ basketball seniors have traveled to Wichita for “Barnstorming Tour” exhibitions almost every postseason since the Roy Williams era.

However, until Thursday and Saturday the Jayhawks hadn’t played an official game in the Air Capital since an 81-51 victory over the Shockers on Jan. 8, 1992, at Levitt Arena. KU had last played an NCAA Tournament contest in Kansas’ largest city in 1981, when the Jayhawks defeated Mississippi and Arizona State.

“I thought the fans were terrific,” said KU coach Bill Self. His top-seeded Jayhawks (29-7) defeated No. 16 Penn 76-60 in Thursday’s first-round game and No. 8 Seton Hall 83-79 in Saturday’s second round in front of passionate pro-KU crowds at Intrust Bank Arena."

More:

< www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12...rticle205772894.html >
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.