Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Can KU stop Seton Hall scoring?

• JhawkMom
  • JhawkMom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #17550 by JhawkMom
They scare me. They were really hot today.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
6 years 1 month ago #17552 by mtnMan
Commentators said NC State never put any pressure on the ball. We should be able to do a better job of that. But Seton Hall did look like the real deal. And the Big 12 isn't exactly rolling in the tournament so far.

More
6 years 1 month ago #17559 by JRhawk
Hot today (yesterday), cold tamale!

More
6 years 1 month ago #17563 by JRhawk

More
6 years 1 month ago #17564 by hoshi
Can Seton Hall stop KU from scoring? Which of their bigs in going to guard our 4th guard on the perimeter?

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein

More
6 years 1 month ago #17565 by JRhawk
Hoshi - were you at the game? SH's roster seems to match KU fairly well. Nzei is 6'8" as is Svi. Of course if same refs as the SH games yesterday, won't be anyone left but the ballboys. I am unable to find refs listed for any games???

More
6 years 1 month ago #17567 by hoshi
I was not at the game but was responding to people saying, how do we stop SH. I think our quickness on the outside negates some of the concern about size. Our defense when tuned in is pretty good. We have been outsized all year in most games yet we win. I think Svi may be 6'8" but he plays smaller, dinosaur arms. Silvio will be much more effective Saturday. He could not handle what Penn was throwing at us, offensively. Thus coach went with the more experienced Lightfoot.

I did not score faculty tickets for Wichita but I did score tickets for Omaha and San Antonio.

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein

More
6 years 1 month ago #17568 by JRhawk
Hoshi - I only asked as thought I remembered you being in Tulsa for R 1 & 2 last year.
Unfortunately, I'm not in Wichita either. Have tix for Omaha and a motel reservation in San Antonio (will wait for further developments before looking for FF tix). I just hope it isn't the same officiating crew tomorrow as for the SH-NCS game.
Also hope KU is firing on all cylinders.

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 1 month ago #17569 by HawkErrant

mtnMan wrote: Commentators said NC State never put any pressure on the ball. We should be able to do a better job of that. But Seton Hall did look like the real deal. And the Big 12 isn't exactly rolling in the tournament so far.

I hear ya, mtnMan, but after Day 1 the conference is where I expected/hoped it to be at 2-1, the one loss being the team that should not have been in the field to begin with (another reason I am still ticked at the Selection Committee as they did the conference NCAAT record no favors by fielding OU). Preaching to the choir, I know, but all games this time of year must be taken seriously or else the lax team will end up going home sooner than they’d like. Kudos to all the Big XII opponents who played so well yesterday!

Four Big XII teams play today —(all CDT)
WVU v Murray St 2:50 TNT
Texas v Nevada 3:20 TBS
Kansas State v Creighton 5:45 TNT
TCU v Syracuse 8:30 CBS

Hopefully the end of the evening will see the Big XII at 6-1 after the first round.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
6 years 1 month ago #17575 by Kong
So I had Rhode Island beating OU and I picked Nevada to beat Texas. I think I have all the other Big 12 teams winning.

Visualize Whirled Peas