Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

This weekends up and coming tournament...

More
6 years 1 month ago #17404 by Kong
There is only one tournament that matters this weekend and that is the one involving KU, Penn, Seton Hall, and NC State. There are a bunch of other fun games, but only this tournament in Wichita that matters.

Penn is a good team. Make no mistake about it. Probably the hardest 16 out there and they have two things going for them that should strike a little fear in KU fans. The first is they really can defend the three. The second is that they really can shoot it as well. This makes for one of those matchups that might be decided down low. We will need DeSousa and Dok to play well and might well be a game where Mitch matches up the best with the Penn players.

I do NOT want to be the first #1 seed to go down, because we overlooked Penn. They are good and if they get hot, they can be real trouble for KU. This is why I like playing late on Friday. You get to see the other scares and upsets and drill it in to the team that you can't take anyone lightly. Playing fairly early on Thursday is not good for us, in my opinion.

NC State and Seton Hall will be a good game to watch. I think I am hoping for Seton Hall as I feel we match up better against them.

There will be a lot of other fun games going on, but this is the tournament that matters. If we win it we get to advance to another weekend tournament and that would be fun.

Visualize Whirled Peas
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, HawkErrant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.