Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

How far does KU go . . .

Poll: How far does DG take KU?

First round only . . .
No votes 0%
Second round, that's it.
No votes 0%
Sweet sixteen
1 4.2%
Elite eight
7 29.2%
Final Four
5 20.8%
Final game.
No votes 0%
NC baybeeeee!
11 45.8%
Total number of voters: 24
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • Bayhawk
  • Bayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #17371 by Bayhawk
In HCBS we trust,

RCJHGKU!!!

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• replayloungehawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #17373 by replayloungehawk
WSU would play in Boise according to this bracket I believe. They’d play in Omaha against KU if they win their first two games.

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 1 month ago #17374 by HawkErrant
In it to win it or you might as well stay home!

replay, what bracket are you meaning? No link...

Thanks!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk

More
6 years 1 month ago #17376 by USAF Jayhawk
By rule WSU can't play in Wichita as they are the host.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

• replayloungehawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #17385 by replayloungehawk
I was looking at Lunardis bracket.

More
6 years 1 month ago #17402 by NotOstertag
Elite 8 and then it's a crapshoot.

Yes we have a tough bracket. We should beat Penn, and I think we'll be hard to beat in Wichita vs. either of our east coast-centric round 2 teams.

The 2nd weekend is where things get exciting. Auburn's numbers put them about on par with Baylor, Texas and OU. Of course everyone is talking about MSU and Duke in the bottom half of our bracket, and I think an MSU/KU/Duke round robin would be very interesting. But that's the thing: they don't play a round robin, so despite having both Duke and MSU in the bracket, only one of them will advance (maybe neither, but that's another story) so if we're playing to get into the FF, I think we can all anticpate that it'll be against one of those two. 3 HOF coaches, coaching 3 imperfect teams. Should be interesting.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

More
6 years 1 month ago #17411 by JRhawk
NC - it's the 8's (18), so is destiny. Plus doesn't hurt to have home crowds in Wichita and Omaha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, HawkErrant, Bayhawk

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
6 years 1 month ago #17413 by konza63
I think I safely speak for the entire Flock when I say "I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK, JR!" :lol:

PS: Glad you got your wish fulfilled of KU coming to Wichita. Represent well, as I know you will!

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

• konza63
More
6 years 1 month ago #17414 by konza63
Think about this: if Kentucky were in our region, you'd have ALL FOUR of the elite programs from the annual Champions Classic kickoff tourney represented.

Pretty spectacular even without the Squidettes... And as you and others have said, thank goodness we would only have to play one of Puke or MSU.

But first things first, take them one game at a time...

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

• HawkErrant
More
6 years 1 month ago #17415 by HawkErrant
Ten Years After.

Love to change the world view of good ol' KU hoops and our HOF coach Bill Self.

I like the way you think, JR!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
6 years 1 month ago #17423 by JRhawk
Konza - unfortunately was not able to get tickets to Wichita, even though was online the second the early NCAA sale started last fall. I tried many times, but either the site was messed up or something else, but were never tickets available. Of course at that time the NCAA was selling Official Fan Experience tickets for 2.5 + times face value. There are resale tickets available now, but not for face value. At that same time, I was able to get face value tickets to the Midwest Regional in Omaha. Am looking forward to that.
Are you going to make it there (assuming two wins in Wichita)?

• jaythawk1
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • RCJH! e'77, b'77
More
6 years 1 month ago #17533 by jaythawk1
We're there...might as well win it all!

Rock Chalk Jayhawk! Go KU!

Education Is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence~Robert Frost
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk

• konza63
More
6 years 1 month ago #17746 by konza63
JR:

I just wanted to cycle back on your closing question, as I saw it at the time but was in the midst of initiating a very time-consuming set of mobile app tests.

I survived the first weekend of those, and wanted to let you know that, no, sadly, I won't be in Omaha this time around. I was definitely considering it (with my son, and/or perhaps meeting up with HawkErrant there too), but the timing is terrible for a road trip right now, in terms of my business work. I'll have to settle for TV, unfortunately, but I'll be there in spirit!

We had a super time (my son and I) in Omaha in 2012, and really liked both the arena and the downtown layout (cobblestone area whose name escapes me, but with all the bars and restaurants and hotel where KU stayed then).

You should have a blast, and knowing you're there makes me feel good about the "good luck" factor. Represent us well, and here's to KU taking care of business in both games, then heading to the Final Four in San Antonio!

Safe travels...

• Bayhawk
  • Bayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #18067 by Bayhawk
Remember this . . . . ?

Looks as though five of us were correct so far. :cheer: (I don't remember if I'm one of them!) :huh:

RCJHGKU!!

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Bayhawk.

• HawkErrant
More
6 years 1 month ago #18073 by HawkErrant
I'm one of the 9, bay!

As I've said from the start, in it to win it!

LET'S GO JAYHAWKS!

More
6 years 4 weeks ago - 6 years 4 weeks ago #18076 by NotOstertag
Technically speaking, with the exception of the first two the answers could be interpreted as a minimum level. So anybody who picked anything past "2nd round, that's it" is correct. :) i.e. "elite 8" could be interpreted as "at least the elite 8".

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
Last Edit: 6 years 4 weeks ago by NotOstertag.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wardhawk

• wardhawk
More
6 years 4 weeks ago #18077 by wardhawk
I agree totally Not O, I am part of FF.

Wardhawk

• HawkErrant
More
6 years 4 weeks ago #18081 by HawkErrant

NotOstertag wrote: Technically speaking, with the exception of the first two the answers could be interpreted as a minimum level. So anybody who picked anything past "2nd round, that's it" is correct. :) i.e. "elite 8" could be interpreted as "at least the elite 8".

Nah, disagree. The first two possible answers clearly indicate that each of the rest of the choices are limits, not floors.

You don’t get to change the rules in the middle of the game to make your pick look better than it actually was.
Fortune favors the bold. :P :angry: :evil: B)