Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Svi having his worst game of the year

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 2 months ago #17015 by HawkErrant
He looks totally lost out there.

Rest of the team not much better.

What the heck is going on out there?

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
6 years 2 months ago #17016 by Riverhawk
One team showed up to play...one didn't. KU doesn't match up with these guys at all. Don't understand how they are 7-10. Look much better than that to me.

• HawkErrant
More
6 years 2 months ago #17017 by HawkErrant
Conversely how is this KU team 13-4 in conference?

Vick hasn’t disappeared, he’s an obvious sore thumb. Newman doing nada. Only Graham is playing half way decent.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
6 years 2 months ago #17019 by LSHawk
Ppphhh, nothing to play for (cept maybe keeping the 100+ series without being swept alive). And, do we have to play in that silly B12 tourney in KC?

More
6 years 2 months ago #17022 by Riverhawk
This team outdid itself by winning the league. Winning more than one game in either tournament would surprise me.

• HawkErrant
More
6 years 2 months ago #17023 by HawkErrant
Absolutely disgusting play by our Jayhawks, and worse, no sign of them getting their heads into the game.

More
6 years 2 months ago #17024 by LSHawk
I think I’m okay with that. Maybe we can let go of the obsession with winning the league every year and focus more on post season success....starting next year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hawknmo

• HawkErrant
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #17025 by HawkErrant
Playing like cellar dwellers.

No defense at all.

Bah!

Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by HawkErrant.

More
6 years 2 months ago #17026 by Hawknmo

LSHawk wrote: I think I’m okay with that. Maybe we can let go of the obsession with winning the league every year and focus more on post season success....starting next year.

I would reeeeeaally like to believe that....but...I don’t. Not sure that will go away without a coaching change. I heard what he said this week about league vs national titles but I need to see it to believe it.

13:58 to go down 12 .....UGLY.

RKCKJHK!!!

• HawkErrant
More
6 years 2 months ago #17027 by HawkErrant
“Ugly” is too kind.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Hawknmo

More
6 years 2 months ago #17028 by Hawknmo
Thx for the laugh HE.

Its Teahan, Sosinski and Young time fir me

RKCKJHK!!!

More
6 years 2 months ago #17030 by LSHawk
Don’t know if it will happen, but I think it should happen.

More
6 years 2 months ago #17031 by LKF_HAWK
Seriously, pathetic. Wtf, the darn cowpokes ar going to sweep the Hawks convingly. HCBS did not have thes guys ready and they sure did not look motivated to pay back the pokes. Who in the heck is this Kendall Smith kid, plays out of his darn mind. Freaking okie stare taking KU behind the woodshed with no fight at all. Arghh! This team! Always something to play for, Kansas, it's the name on the jersey.

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #17032 by Senex68
What did Sam Cunliffe do to incur Self's wrath? The poor SOB sat on the bench for 37 minutes watching his team play the worst game of the year, and LGVick continued down his road to nowhere. How much worse could Cunliffe be than the Vick we are seeing for over 30 minutes a game? I just makes no sense.

"When you have a ruling class that doesn’t believe in — or even much like — the fundamental values of the nations it rules, things tend to work out poorly.”

Glenn Reynolds
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Senex68.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk, Hawknmo

More
6 years 2 months ago #17034 by LSHawk
Right and it’s almost like he’s punishing him by putting him in late in the game. Maybe he needs to transfer again.?

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #17038 by Hawknmo

Senex68 wrote: What did Sam Cunliffe do to incur Self's wrath?

Not the first and certainly not the last unfortunately. “Hey Sam. Dude you just got a text from some guy named Hunter. You know anybody named Hunter? Hunter M it says....”

And you are so right Senex. Its not that Cunliffe is going to score 40 and win the game in 12 minutes, its that the guy IN the game isnt doing squat! Give someone else a try maybe?

RKCKJHK!!!
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Hawknmo.

More
6 years 2 months ago #17043 by sasnak

Hawknmo wrote:

Senex68 wrote: What did Sam Cunliffe do to incur Self's wrath?

Not the first and certainly not the last unfortunately. “Hey Sam. Dude you just got a text from some guy named Hunter. You know anybody named Hunter? Hunter M it says....”

And you are so right Senex. Its not that Cunliffe is going to score 40 and win the game in 12 minutes, its that the guy IN the game isnt doing squat! Give someone else a try maybe?

Ok, this made me almost spit my coffee out. Poor Hunter deserved more playing time. I really liked that kid

It'll feel better when it stops hurting