Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Tech vs. WVU on Monday

• NotOstertag
  • NotOstertag's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 2 months ago #16799 by NotOstertag
Our game will no doubt be exciting with senior night and the ability to clinch the solo grip on the conf title, cutting down nets, etc.

Meanwhile, Tech will travel to Morgantown for what's turned into a very pivotal game. Both are tied for 2nd place, and somebody's gotta lose. Tech's stock is slipping and WVU is pretty solid especially at home. Moreover, Tech is only 3-5 on the road (4th place in road record).

The point here is that there will no longer be a tie for 2nd place after Monday. Moreover, if KU blows it against Texas, only one of the two between Tech and WVU will still have a chance for a tie on the title.

Fun fact: KU is 6-2 at home and 6-2 on the road. KSU and WVU have the next best road records at 4-4. Our 6-2 road record is good for a 2nd place tie for best HOME record. Tech is 7-1 (we're that "1" :)), and WVU and OU also have 6-2 home records.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, gorillahawk, newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #16801 by Hawknmo

NotOstertag wrote: if KU blows it against Texas

Hey NotO... check yourself! Leave that glass half empty stuff to the professionals...like me! You have started to grow on me as a “must read” poster. But today, of all days you pull that out?

Seriously, once fhe euphoria of last night wore off I did look at the standings. It no doubt has gotten interesting. It appears I will again be utlilizing the ESPN app tomorrow night as Tech and WV play at the same time. That could be an entertaining game as well. And while the possibility exists of sharing a title is out there I have begun to doubt the fitness of either of those programs to actually claim it. Huggins’ guys have quit in some games. I wasn’t entirely sure that was scientifically possible, but I’ve seen it this year. Tech who I thought was bordering on elite this year has shown they might be a bad imitation of OU, as in one man show. Without Evans at 100% they are good but not great. Regardless, for me anyway, it will be a fun secondary game to watch.

RKCKJHK!!!
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Hawknmo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

• NotOstertag
  • NotOstertag's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 2 months ago #16815 by NotOstertag
Just gotta cover all of the contingencies, right? :dry:

No way KU loses on Svi and Devonte's senior night.

Still it interesting to see Tech and WVU in a tie and playing each other tonight. We win tonight and nothing else matters.

It's also interesting (to me anyway) that 14 is usually "the number" and it's entirely possible that we'll hit it.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot