Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Check out ESPN SportsCenter at 11:15 CT

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 2 months ago #16769 by HawkErrant
Just remembered— before going to College Game Day the ESPN talking heads said that SportsCenter tonight @12:15ET/11:15CT would have something special on KU if they won.

Sorry for the late notice, folks.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
6 years 2 months ago #16775 by Hawknmo
I know AZ OR went to OT but I watched for quite a while. All I saw was warriors thunder highlights. Did I miss it?

RKCKJHK!!!

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #16778 by HawkErrant
Wasn’t worth staying up for as it turns out. I had unintentionally set up a series recording of SportsCenter earlier in the evening so when I woke up this morning I had 9 hours of it recorded. Turns out the best coverage of it was in the 10PM show on ESPN News. Also had a good bit on it on the 6AM edition on ESPN this morning.

However, despite’s the historic nature of it, more coverage was given to Warriors-Thunder, Tiger scoring in the 60s and the omnipresent FBI investigation into CBB.

Sort of feels like KU is getting a lot of what the world (or maybe that was just me) felt in the 1970s with UCLA... “yawn... tell us when they *don’t* win, that will be news — and we’ll cheer the new champion.”

Seriously, it is sad to see their moment crowded off the stage by the hoops scandal. But on the plus side, so far (and may it stay this way) the news KU is making is *good* news now.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by HawkErrant.

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 2 months ago #16780 by Wheatstate Gal
Being in a “late night friendlier” time zone......I watched it.

I’m sorry some big guy did a fake fall on Russell Westbrook. Yes, he could have been hurt. But......YAWN! Waaa waaaa waaaa......the ONLY reason I watched (what seemed like) the continuous loop, was because I was afraid I’d miss the KU story.

Yesterday was a GREAT DAY..... XIV, NO VITALE (called Puke game) and NO WALTON (called Oregon game——watched, waiting for sports center). I muted it....he is such an obnoxious, opinionated jerk. YUK!

Looking forward to a well-played Sr Night.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk