Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

You are NOT...the weakest link!

• Hawknmo
  • Hawknmo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 2 months ago #16762 by Hawknmo
That lady was awesome wasn’t she?

Well 14 in a row. Pretty freakin cool. For anyone who has a lick of doubt about HCBS (myself included) and his abilities...sorry folks, park’s closed, moose outside shoulda told ya....he’s pretty good. Literally, legendary now. Impressive stuff from him. Not “hovering around Wooden’s record, flirting with greatness, almost as good as”. The guy did it. Until the next guy does it, that’s truly amazing coaching.

Now where does this team and it’s season go? That will really be what this team could be remembered for. Keeping the streak alive is great, but to have the issues they have endured so far and still have a great postseason? Man, they could be really special.

DG was the man, the myth, the legend today. Put the team, the coaching staff, Hudy, the managers, the university plane and probably most of us on his back and said bring it boys. Bilas got it right. “Some players are winners and a few are champions.” A little Sheron incarnation today. Really, reeally impressive stuff. I hope we are all appreciating how good of a college player this kid has been and continues to be. I could care less if he earns a dime playing pro ball (I think he could in europe or asia), he’s been a great college player.

Svi had another really good half. Then kinda went into hiding. Sure Tech is a great defensive team but the guy just disappeared. Missed a couple of bunnies and had 3 turnovers. Yuck. Point is we don’t win the game without his 3s in the first half. Made some laser passes. Just like to see another complete game shooting wise.

Doke found out today how hard selling out for rebounds can be. I think he really put his mind to it and did pretty well. I also think Beard (who is a very good coach IMHO) wanted to take him out of the offense for us. Guy is pretty sharp and I think it worked for the most part. The best thing was seeing Doke realize it and hit the glass hard. Loved the floor burns as well.

A little Jekyll and Hyde from Newman today. Played within himself and the team for most of the game but had a few “bad Malik” moments. Up five with 5:40 to go and we are runnin and gunnin? Score, clock, shot clock, hawknmo’s mental state....think! Run some O. “How many passes?...Four!” Anything but..hey lets get a quick heavily guarded laup with 19 on the shot clock. Not sure that is going to ever NOT be a part of his game.

Vick....Wow. 2 points and 1 rebound in 39 minutes. Are we sure Cunliffe is better on the bench? He did make some pretty good swing passes but was not officially credited for an assist. The term place holder comes to mind. Personally, I think there are players who are just plain better coming off the bench. Could it be that Vick is one of those people? Maybe?

My main man Garrett showed some hops today didnt he? Not gonna guard me?....Here is you poster....sure kid...I’ll sign that for ya after the game. Wasn’t his best game but again for the most part was not a liability. Also read...did more with his 15 min than a guy who played 39. Not mentioning any names though.

I also thought Mitch played pretty well. And yes, that was a charge he took. It appears sometimes he looks overmatched by real size. Is it possible that’s because he moves his feet well enough to not foul? 1 more block for fast twitch Mitch.

Is it possible that in THE game where KU basically wins it’s most historical victory ever, HCBS played zone for almost the entire second half? Let me say that again. Historical victory. HCBS. Close, almost uncomfortably close game. 2-3 zone. Whoda thunk it? Not me. But it happened. Cannot say enough about the coaching job this season. To win that legendary stat, with this team, this season? Incredible.

Congrats to all 14 teams. Have to be proud to be a Jayhawk tonight!

RKCKJHK!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, Bayhawk, porthawk, mtnMan, Wheatstate Gal, replayloungehawk, jaythawk1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.