Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Expect Sean Miller to be gone from AZ...

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 2 months ago #16713 by HawkErrant

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
6 years 2 months ago #16714 by Senex68
Here today, gone tomorrow.

"When you have a ruling class that doesn’t believe in — or even much like — the fundamental values of the nations it rules, things tend to work out poorly.”

Glenn Reynolds

• HawkErrant
More
6 years 2 months ago #16719 by HawkErrant
People griped about the Charlie Weis contract.

Sean Miller, if fired for just cause, will still be paid $10M by U of A, per reporting on ESPN this morning.

Per Bilas on Game Day - Miller should be suspended today before AZ game v Oregon and will never coach in college again; AZ should be sitting DeAndre Alton, who won’t play again, and the NCAA will be vacating every game Anton played in.

Stay tuned.

Thankfully still no significant problems for KU coming out of the FBI investigation.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk

More
6 years 2 months ago #16730 by Hawknmo

HawkErrant wrote: will never coach in college again.

Uhhh..have we not learned that “never” is a REALLY long time? Dave Bliss is coaching in college, Larry Eustachy, Rick Pitino..oh no, sorry about that. Come on. Bliss covered up a murder, not a bribe! Sean Miller will coach again somewhere.

RKCKJHK!!!

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 2 months ago #16731 by Wheatstate Gal
Kelvin Sampson?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hawknmo

More
6 years 2 months ago #16732 by Hawknmo
Thought about it Gal, just couldn’t put texting in with murder and binge drinking. Same deal though.

RKCKJHK!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wheatstate Gal

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 2 months ago #16733 by Wheatstate Gal
Oops. Agree. I wasn’t thinking “deeply”. Nervous Nelly right now. Ought to know when to keep my big “keyboard” shut. Y’all know that’s EXTREMELY difficult for me to do most days.

Thanks, HnM.

More
6 years 2 months ago #16748 by hairyhawk
No matter what you have done in the past in our current system if they think you can win some games you will be hired.

• HawkErrant
More
6 years 2 months ago #16757 by HawkErrant

Hawknmo wrote:

HawkErrant wrote: will never coach in college again.

Uhhh..have we not learned that “never” is a REALLY long time? Dave Bliss is coaching in college, Larry Eustachy, Rick Pitino..oh no, sorry about that. Come on. Bliss covered up a murder, not a bribe! Sean Miller will coach again somewhere.

Just reporting what Bilas said. The guy went to the mat for Miller back in October when all this first came out. I think more than anything else Bilas is upset with himself for believing in Miller.

More
6 years 2 months ago #16758 by Hawknmo
Yeah, I’m with ya HE. It was Bilas. Any good lawyer, and I think he’s pretty good, should know words like never and always are for the most part just good drama. And you’re right, I think he is a bit embarrassed.

RKCKJHK!!!