Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Some random thoughts from a cluttered mind...

More
6 years 1 month ago #16640 by Kong
I rewatched the OU game and have the same impressions, so I will just toss them out.

When you are hitting threes, a lot of mistakes are hidden. For example there was a lot of time where Dok's lack of effort could have really cost us. lazily going for the inbound pass, slowly going after some rebounds, standing around looking for something to do. But having said that, once the fire was lit under him, it is hard to argue with his play. Much more aggressive play at times from him and those coincided with some of our best team play.

I love Graham, but it has been four years of this one particular thing that he does that bugs me. when he drives into traffic he tosses his head back as if to show that there was contact and draw a foul. All it really does is make him look like a Pez dispenser. Dribble, dribble, drive, whip the head back and dispense a candy.... Anyway, it bugs me, but mostly I laugh at its absurdity.

Loved the play of everyone. I could go through the list, but I think everyone has already said all the things I would have.

Enjoy or ignore at your leisure

Visualize Whirled Peas
The following user(s) said Thank You: JRhawk, boulderhawk, newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
6 years 1 month ago #16641 by Bayhawk
Does the "Pez tactic" ever work? Maybe when we get to the dance with refs that are unfamiliar with him he could pull a few extra "and ones." ;)

On a related note, did I see Udunkie flop a time or two? Jeez loueze, when that guy falls it shakes California! :ohmy:

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet
The following user(s) said Thank You: boulderhawk

More
6 years 1 month ago #16651 by hairyhawk
I just hope we continue to shoot well. TTs defense is very different than OUs defense. I think we really need to make them double the post in order to get open shots. What I mean is Doke needs to be a big factor so we can get open looks on the perimeter.

More
6 years 1 month ago #16653 by Hawknmo
It was an Oscar worthy flop by Doke no doubt. But hey, it worked.

The pez dispenser/miss the bunny act is annoying. Fortunately, when it does work at least DG is a very good FT shooter. My point is take a lesson from the dude who just had his number put in the rafter. If you’re going to the rack you might as well make the layup. Muscle up and make the shot. He is leaving points on the floor every game. Very annoying.

RKCKJHK!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

More
6 years 1 month ago #16664 by NotOstertag
I don't know about any Oscars, but it was effective. The guy had shoved Dok about 3x with no call before Dok pulled out his euro-league soccer player act. I do think it forced the ref to finally acknowledge an obvious foul.

As for Graham, I don't think he's a flopper. I do think he calls attention to contact with the Pez-head thing, but he also does a similar move when he puts on a head fake, so maybe it's just his "go-to" move. Have to see him on the dance floor to be sure.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

• texkan
  • Ring my Bell, if you can find it! ;)
More
6 years 1 month ago #16683 by texkan
...Hey there, its been awhile since i had Whirled Peas with my J e l l O n meds! ;P thank you, texkan
The following user(s) said Thank You: sasnak, Bayhawk, gorillahawk, mtnMan

More
6 years 1 month ago #16689 by hairyhawk
I want to extend a hypothesis on the HCBS led Jayhawks not being swept by a team in Big XII play. My theory is that an assistant coach typically does the scouting for the next opponent. If a team beats us the first time around HCBS takes it a bit personally and uses what he saw in that game and the game tape to better prepare the team for what that opponent does. I think he has a keen eye for the details and gets us better prepared the 2nd time because he has seen the other team. Obviously we all agree it does not mean it can't happen but that is my theory on why it hasn't happened yet. This is just another game theory.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk, mtnMan

More
6 years 1 month ago #16696 by Kong
Hope the nurse has fed you well and provided all the necessary meds. This team has required a few doses, I am sure.

Good seeing your name pop up.

Visualize Whirled Peas
The following user(s) said Thank You: texkan

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 1 month ago #16704 by HawkErrant
Ditto here, texkan!

Hopefully #2 son and Nurse are ready to go on Saturday! The guys can use all the karmic universal support that can be mustered.

Rock Chalk!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: texkan

• texkan
  • Ring my Bell, if you can find it! ;)
More
6 years 1 month ago #16774 by texkan
...YES we were! thank you, texkan :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant