Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

NCAA denies Louisville's appeal

More
6 years 2 months ago #16624 by Kong
vacating the championship

www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/sto...-2013-national-title

Yet UNC keeps theirs. Inconsistency, thy name is NCAA

Visualize Whirled Peas
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk, gorillahawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
6 years 2 months ago #16625 by konza63
Spot on, Kong.

Both schools deserved to be punished. UNC walking away scot-free was ludicrous, and had moved me mentally over to the side of "the NCAA in its current form must be radically reformed for the era or, barring that, abolished and/or replaced."

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, gorillahawk

More
6 years 2 months ago #16626 by Bayhawk
Looking up at the banner in AFH, it seems to me that KU did just fine without an "NCAA."

RC

PS: Still buzzin' after last night's game! :P

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 2 months ago #16627 by HawkErrant
I'm in lock step with Kong and konza63 on this. I would throw in to the Louisville - UNC discussion Syracuse and its 2003 title. No way the Orange should have kept theirs, and no way UNC should not have lost at least the 2005 title.

I'm stepping away from this topic before the thought of UNC walking away essentially once again ruins my day.
After last night, I'm not going to let it.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• HawkErrant
More
6 years 2 months ago #16629 by HawkErrant
Followup question.

The punishments were originally announced last June.
NCAA put Louisville on probation for 4 years.
Does that mean no post season for 4 years?
If so, why are Lunardi and others talking about them making (or not making) the NCAAT this year?

Thanks!
:angry:

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
6 years 2 months ago #16631 by NotOstertag
Maybe the NCAA will make an exception like the IOC did for the "Olympic Athlete from Russia".

Let any of the players who aren't specifically involved pay as "Basketball Player from Louisville." Yeah....dumb idea. Now, if they could create "Basketball Player from the University of North Carolina" loophole, I bet they'd be all over it.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

• HawkErrant
More
6 years 2 months ago #16633 by HawkErrant
NotO, do NOT give them any ideas in that regard, they manage quite nicely on their own.:angry: