Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Still nervous...

• USAF Jayhawk
  • USAF Jayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 2 months ago #16581 by USAF Jayhawk
We’ve proven no lead is safe...there’s or our’s...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
6 years 2 months ago #16610 by NotOstertag
Between the last possession in the 1st half and the first ones in the second, it had the potential to go sideways on us. I think what I liked most was that after OU got it to single digits early in the 2nd half, the response was pretty immediate and it was back in the 12-14 point range right away and then stayed there.

I'm still nervous too. I'm VERY intereseted to see how Tech plays at OSU this week with Tech's #1 guy potentially injured. Theoretically, it's a bounceback game for Tech, but a road game is a road game and OSU did beat KU and WVU on the road, so they've shown that they can put it together in certain situations. I just like the fact that we've already banked a win for the week, and now it makes Tech @OSU a "must win" for them.

Fun historical fact: I remember last year when KU went to Kentucky for college game day and the ESPN guys were very much positioning things as Kentucky re-establishing their dominant position among the blue bloods....until KU ended up flipping the script on them.

This year, the compelling story is that maybe Tech will finally end the steak (and a lot of people will be rooting against us). It would be nice to come out with another gameday road win.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.