Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Kansas a #1 seed

• DrJHawker
  • DrJHawker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 2 months ago #16552 by DrJHawker
That's what Lunardi says. I'm not sure we deserve it but I'm not complaining. If we win our next two games I'll feel we earned it.

www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 2 months ago #16558 by HawkErrant
If we can win out and win the Big 12, then yeah, I can see a 1.

Otherwise it seems a shaky proposition to me. Besides, they might just consider not getting a #1 a bit of an insult and go out to prove to the world they were underseeded. I love our Jayhawks, but I think this year I would rather give HCBS and the team a chance to exceed their seed by making it to the FF and hopefully winning it all.

RCJHKU!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• DrJHawker
  • DrJHawker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #16561 by DrJHawker
You're probably right HE - they would need to win out or at least win the Big 12. When I said "this week", I didn't mean that as that's all for the season but all for now to make Lunardi's list. Even at that, it is hard to imagine them deserving more than a #2 Seed, unless they finish the regular season very strong.
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by DrJHawker.

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 2 months ago #16562 by HawkErrant
I was following you, DrJ, my comments were directed at Lunardi's projections. I think he is being a little too generous at present. To be honest I've stopped following the stuff because for the most part it hasn't really made a difference in recent years. And #1 seeds have on occasion actually hurt us -- e.g., 2007 when the SC put KU #1 in the West and UCLA #2... grrrr at the SC *and* the refs, who didn't start calling "homeboys" UCLA fouls until the Final Four, and then sent them packing in a foul fest.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"