Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

3 of 4 remaining games are "get even" games

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 2 months ago #16543 by HawkErrant
I am really hoping that with the win v WVU and the Tech loss to Baylor our guys find themselves in shark mode with blood in the water for these last 4 games, 3 of which will be revenge opportunities.

Monday Feb 19: a "get even" game with OU in AFH.

Saturday Feb 24: a "get even" game and a chance to pin another L on our closest competition with just 2 more games to go after Lubbock.

Monday Feb 26: the only non-"get even" game , but another opportunity to show Texas how dumping Rick Barnes was not "smart" (yeah, probably means a hell of a lot more to us that the players, but hey, any time KU can beat the Longhorns is a time worth celebrating).

Saturday March 3: one last "get even" game to close out the season in the bal-chatri that is Stillwater.

The more I think about the "get even" aspect, the more I like our chances.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, KMT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
6 years 2 months ago #16547 by Hawknmo
I like our chances in all of them except....Stillwater. Say what you will but how many times has that place been a Waterloo? I’m coming up with 4-7 against OSU away from AFH with HCBS. Not great. Now this one might or might not be for #14 but either way they are foing to need it. Hopefully the revenge factor plays a part.

RKCKJHK!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #16549 by HawkErrant
Versus his alma mater, Self is
9-2 in AFH
4-6 in the bal-chatri that is Stillwater and
3-1 neutral sites for
7-7 away from AFH
16-9 overall

GIA is the only place in conference he has a losing record.

SELF'S BIG 12 ROAD RECORD thru Sunday 2018-02-18
KU @
CURRENT	W	L	%
BU	9	2	0.818
ISU	11	4	0.733
KSU	11	4	0.733
OU	7	4	0.636
OSU	4	6	0.400
TU	7	4	0.636
TT	7	3	0.700
TCU	5	1	0.833
WVU	2	4	0.333
SubT	63	32	0.663
FORMER MEMBERS			
A&M	5	0	1.000
MU	5	4	0.556
CU	8	0	1.000
NU	7	1	0.875
SubT	25	5	0.833
Totals	88	37	0.704

Given what may be at stake regarding the title, given having already lost to them in AFH, and given that Bill Self's KU teams have NEVER had a year where they went 0-2 against OSU, I like our chances in the bal-chatri more than I normally would.

But first -- beat OU.

One game at a time...

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by HawkErrant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boulderhawk, KMT