Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Devonte wound up answering Frank's interview question

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
6 years 2 months ago #16514 by konza63
Recall during the 2nd half when the sideline reporter interviewed Frank Mason, and closed with a question as to whether Frank thought DG had what it took to lead the team to great outcomes (paraphrasing). Frank said something to the effect of "Well, we're down by 8 now, so let's see what he does."

I just saw this posted on another board, and it's worth punctuating here. This is Devonte's final 4 minutes last night, starting at the most bleak point in the game:

After Daxter Miles' three put WVU up 8 with 3:47...

+ Devonte' made three pointer

+ Devonte long pass ahead for Udoka flush/Konate flop, assist

+ Devonte drive and kick to Newman for corner three, assist

+ Devonte made two free throws

+ Devonte pass for Newman layup, assist

+ Devonte made three free throws

+ Devonte made two free throws

10 points, 3 assists (he already had 8 rebounds) in final 4 minutes while holding Jevon Carter to 0-for-3 shooting (until his long three with 5 seconds left) and 2 personal fouls during that stretch.

Incredible. Sir Frank, I'd say he answered your question! ;)

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk, gorillahawk, mtnMan, replayloungehawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.