Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

What a Win!!!

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
6 years 2 months ago #16465 by konza63
Wow. Just. Wow.

ROCK freaking CHALK!!!

So proud of our lads. No quit.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jayhawk969, Wheatstate Gal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
6 years 2 months ago #16467 by konza63
A great team effort. And Dok has the heart of a lion!

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hawknmo

More
6 years 2 months ago #16475 by Hawknmo
This one took everybody. And in the end they all came through. I haven’t looked at the play by play but for me the Svi steal on Carter started it all. I think that play gave the guys some mojo that they kept for the remainder of the game.

By far, Doke’s best game. FTs? Wonder if Lon will try hake a Doke on Monday? Prolly not!! The big guy played all out and showed what a dominator he can be. I cannot believe he only had 5 boards, I would have guessed 8 or 9. But if you add 2 steals and 3 blocks, thats almost as good as 5 more def rebounds. Great game.

DG was DG. Steady as she goes and leading rebounder. Need a FT? Check the phone booth. Some guy is in there changing his outfit. Hate to bring it up again, but still....missing layups. Oh well.

Huge play by Svi, like I said. Lots of hustle and started “giving back” what was being dished out at the end. Nothing like a mad Ukrainian.

Vick and Newman came out with some pretty good effort I thought. Vick kept us in it early and Newman hit the biggest three of the game. Was there some questionable shot selection? Uhhh...yes. But it looked to me like the effort was there.

I still like Garrett a lot. Does he make mistakes? Sure. But look at the line...8 points, 3 boards, a steal and NO turnovers in 19 min? I will take that from a freshman everyday.

Gotta love Huggins. Can you blame the guy? His best player in this game brain farts on a makeable 3, watches KU take 31 (before the T) foul shots, and is going to lose his third game in a row to KU after being up double digits....I’d be mad too. And before we go down the whole “lose with class” road, I’m of the opinion that sometimes a coach can demonstrate how much he cares. There’s no question Bob cares. I love the guy. Come on...are you telling me you could stay composed if you had $75,000 in your hand and someone took it back? And 31-2 on FTs? Even as Hawk fans you gotta at least raise an eyebrow?

Well on to Monday and OU. Just a few days ago I was still thinking they might be a pretty big hurdle to clear. Without question I can say besides being somwhat spent after today, I have ceased worrying about the Sooners. They are in freefall and the landing might be ugly. Like lose on the first day in KC, get a horrible NCAA seed and come home after one game ugly. Needless to say, next Saturday is going to be huge. It appears our “friends” in Waco aren’t going to help us today, so Saturday is the last hope of having some control in the league title. Either way, huge game. But today was really, really fun.

RKCKJHK!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wheatstate Gal

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 2 months ago #16476 by HawkErrant
Still hope for a little help from our “friends”

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wheatstate Gal

More
6 years 2 months ago #16497 by Hawknmo
Who knew ....Scott Drew really IS our friend.

RKCKJHK!!!