Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

KU’s Svi Mykhailiuk struggles with shot in Baylor loss after he takes hit to eye

• gorillahawk
  • gorillahawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 2 months ago #16372 by gorillahawk
KU’s Svi Mykhailiuk struggles with shot in Baylor loss after he takes hit to eye

"Self implemented a new starting lineup for the second straight game.

Garrett (six points) started over Malik Newman on the perimeter, to go with last game’s switch of Lightfoot for Vick.

Vick started the second half in place of Garrett. Garrett, in fact, played just 3 minutes in the final half.

“I thought his attitude in practice was better,” Self said of Garrett. “Malik in my opinion didn’t deserve to start. I’m really kind of tired of starting guys that don’t really put themselves in a position from what we need to do (from an) intangible standpoint of being out there.

“Because to me it’s not about winning and losing from that perspective. It’s about, ‘Hey this is what we need to do to be good. This is what we need to do in order to give us the best chance.’ If guys won't do that … I’m tired of rewarding guys to start whenever I feel like those things are not taking place. It doesn’t have anything to do with making shots. You can miss all the shots you want to. At least from an intangible standpoint, give us stuff.”"

< www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12...rticle199507004.html >
The following user(s) said Thank You: hairyhawk, Bayhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.