Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Self said 13-5 wins league...

• replayloungehawk
  • replayloungehawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 2 months ago #16351 by replayloungehawk
That would mean KU has to go 5-1 over next six. I don’t see that happening. At best i see them winning at home and stealing one on the road. But man with the way they are playing they really could go 1-6! So here is to a wild ride and I guess we’ll see where we finish.

Rock Chalk I Still Believe!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hawknmo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
6 years 2 months ago #16352 by Hawknmo
Not sure the guys in Lubbock heard, understood or even cared what HCBS said. They are snappin necks and cashin checks. Thats a pretty good team that will be in rare form on the 24th no matter what KUs record is at the time.

As for the Hawks chances, I see at least two more losses. But what do I know? I was sure they would lay the usual late game heroics on BU and leave Waco with another W. That puts them at 12-6. Not terrible but just not what we are used to.

Couple things. 1. Glad we signed a local guy the other day. Tired of seeing Ron Bakers tear it up for four years while we get Selby and Wiggins for a year. 2. Anybody notice who Chris Beard has on his staff? Some guy named Sutton? Last name of the guy to win the Big 12 not named Self was??

RKCKJHK!!!

More
6 years 2 months ago #16355 by LSHawk
Does TTU have a slightly more difficult road schedule left?

More
6 years 2 months ago #16357 by LKF_HAWK
TTU is located in the armpit of the freaking universe. They might win the damn league but they are not any better than KU, they are just hot. KU wakes up an hands these sobs a L I Lubbock. This is how I view the Big X12, it is harsh, each team and every player that is not a Jayhawk is the enemy and a scourge, and they don’t deserve to win squat. Yeah harsh, and depends on KU holding being up to snuff, but the boys in Lubbuck not doing any damage in March, and I seriously hope KU beats them down. No Big 12 team has the tradition or history that KU has and they all can go rot, hate every one of them on the BBall court.

• replayloungehawk
  • replayloungehawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 2 months ago #16361 by replayloungehawk
I do think they have a bit tougher schedule on the road but who really knows. I've seen so much crazy this year in college basketball and in this league. As I said in another post, KU could go 6-0 the rest of the way or honestly 0-6. I do think KU is talented enough to beat any team on any given night it's just they have a very small margin for error. If Dok gets in foul trouble or several players are off shooting (Vick, Newman, Svi) then we are very very beatable. I did see someone on a KU article say this team reminds them of the '88 team. I don't completely agree with that since they had the national player of the year that year but honestly the '88 team had a lost more role players than this team does. I just watched the '88 games all the way through the championship and man that team was really weird. So yes, I think if this team gets hot again they could really do some damage. We'll see.

More
6 years 2 months ago #16369 by Hawknmo
LFK...armpit of the universe? Have you ever been to Newark? How about Cleveland? Now I will admit, I lke Lubbock. Heck, I like most of west Texas. We all have likes and dislikes, but that seemed a skosh harsh.

I will agree that if there is one more conference game that requires no coaching motivation it should be the game in Lubbock. Not sure KU will win but I do believe they will be ready.

As for the infamous team meeting, my question would not be when will it be, but who is going to call it? While I see DG as a positive influence on the whole team, I think you need a true hard a** to call some people out. I’m not sure he or Svi is that guy. My guess is there might not even be one this year. We shall see.

RKCKJHK!!!

More
6 years 2 months ago #16373 by NotOstertag
I do know that Tech hosts the Jayhawks on the 24th. If all stays the same between now and then, that could be the difference maker.

I'm more worried about going to Hilton this week. ISU is 4-2 at home, and has beaten Tech, WVU and OU there. I hope we get our heads screwed on before Tuesday.

Our remaining schedule:
@ISU
WVU
OU
@Tech
Texas
@OSU

Tech's remaining schedule:
OU
@Baylor
@OSU
KU
@WVU
TCU

So we both host OU and play at OSU. They have WVU on the road, we host. Slight edge to us for hosting WVU in the common games.

In uncommon games, we have Texas and @ISU. They have @Baylor and TCU. On paper, we have the last place team and one of the 4 'almost last' teams. They have both in the 'almost last' group. Honestly, however, ISU's home record is very strong, so I don't see it as a huge difference.

My simple minded opinion: we need to take care of OUR business and let the chips fall as they may. We can't rely on any help. The game at Tech might decide it all, but we now officially have no margin of error. I'm very very worried about Hilton Magic this year.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot