Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

haven't bought in?

• Riverhawk
  • Riverhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 2 months ago #16346 by Riverhawk
Well, it's clear Coach has just about had it with these guys. He apparently was quite critical of them in front of all the former players at the dinner last weekend, and now he says it's clear the players haven't totally bought into playing the way they have to to win.
And he starts not one, but two backups today against Baylor. Clearly they still ain't buying it (allowing 50 points in the second half...a Bill Self team?) I don't want to say he's lost this team, but it certainly appears at least a couple of key players aren't on board.
I have been thinking the lack of depth and fatigue were the biggest issues, but now it appears it's more than that. Maybe I am being too harsh, but I don't recall a Self team being this poor at all the intangibles that mean so much to victories. This team is not the most talented...but it has way too many possessions where the energy and smarts are simply not there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.