Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Another Game Where we Can't buy a Break

• hairyhawk
  • hairyhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 2 months ago #16332 by hairyhawk
Another one of those game where we were just not getting anything to go our way. I think the 2 black eyes are a perfect example of that. I thought the guys played hard and had good effort. I know people keep saying our players are tired but Graham plays the most minutes and he is not the problem. We miss way too many layups being just one example of this teams deficiencies. This team it appears to me is just not that talented so we have a very small margin of error. We need at least 3 guys to be having a really good game, and the others to have a decent game, to win against even the weakest teams in the Big XII. The only player we can say will have a good game is Devonte Graham. The others have some good games and other games where they are not very good. I hope HCBS can find a way to get the guys to have good games.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hawknmo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
6 years 2 months ago #16350 by Hawknmo
Agreed, but I would like to point out one thing. It is my contention that possibly the worst violater of missed layups is DG. Now he gets bailed out a lot because he gets fouled. But all the way back to Sherron KU guards have been able ro get an “old fashioned” 3 at the foul line. I am pretty sure if fouled that shot doesn’t go into the stats as a missed shot. Please, correct me if thats a mistake. But it seems to me he misses a ton of layups. I also understand he is doing the best Tony Stark impersonation he can, but they are layups. Svi and Mailk miss their share of bunnies as well. Simply put, all those close in shots need to be going in. I watched Purdue and Sparty today. Guess what I noticed most? Those teams hit the easy shots. Tech? Same answer. Evans, guarded, fouled, whatever just doesn’t miss layups. Not sure there’s a fix for that at this point. Frustrating for sure.

RKCKJHK!!!

• hairyhawk
  • hairyhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 2 months ago #16359 by hairyhawk
I think you are right on both of those points. It does not count as a shot attempts and DG is one of the folks missing those layups.