Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Looking forward to seeing Corpus' graphic analysis after this one

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 2 months ago #16246 by HawkErrant
Svi 0-2(0-1) for 1 pt, 3 rebounds,
Newman 1-9(0-5) 4 pts, 6 rebounds, 5 assists

Just 5 points from 2 guys who normally contribute almost 30 points a game between the two of them.

Tell me how we won that game against the 2nd best O in the Big 12 (something like 9th in D1 if what I read elsewhere was right).

Also read that this was TCU lowest scoring game of the year.

Mitch's played a solid game in his 22 minutes. Nothing spectacular, but as usual his contributions didn't always show up in the box score. For example, how many of Doks rebounds were due to Mitch blocking out? At least 2 that I definitely saw despite my nasty head cold befuddled brain.

With Mitch in, even though he only pulled down 4 rebounds in 22 minutes, we matched TCU on the boards (ok, they beat us 38-37, but I'll take that with this team).

Vivk still played 29 minutes, and he showed a little more life, but he still has a long way to go. Only place he shined was at the FT line (4-4).

These guys of ours, with the exception of Dunkin' Dok, of course, cannot hit their close shots. We miss layup and bunny after layup and bunny, and it's particularly frustrating when the opposition does such a great job making them (at least in H1).

D stepped up intensity in H2, made the difference.

Before I lay my ill bod down to sleep, I would like to make note of one interesting fact related to our conference foes down in Austin --
the Rick Barnes led Tennessee Volunteers are 18-5 and 8-3 in 2nd place in the SEC after sweeping Kensucky with a big come from behind win in Rupp Arena tonight.

Just sayin', short horns.

Nite all, sleep well...

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.