Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Vick - when can he graduate?

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 2 months ago #16191 by HawkErrant
Any one heard anything about where he is in his studies?

Yeah, I've washed my hands of him.

Would love it if he proved me to be a fool for doing so.

That would be mighty tasty crow.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
6 years 2 months ago #16196 by USAF Jayhawk
Maybe I’m a glutton for punishment but I’ve always been a fan of Vick. Shame his talent and head aren’t on the same page right now. With only one more year, I don’t see hime leaving.

More
6 years 2 months ago #16199 by Hawknmo
Wow HE I thought I was the only one who “wished” graduation on players.

Im with USAF on this one. I remember those 2AM games in Korea when I thought “man I can’t wait to see that guy play all the time!” He seems to really have regressed this season in the effort department. The good news is that can be fixed. It is obvious HCBS is at a loss as to what to do to get him motivated. I am guessing his PT may not get affected as much as maybe his starting status. Hopefully that will do the trick and we get to see him play a lot more.

Just a theory on the ‘tude. Were he and Bragg good buddies? Maybe he’s got some knid of beef over all that?

RKCKJHK!!!

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 2 months ago #16200 by HawkErrant
As I wrote, I would love for him to set me up for a crow dinner, I would relish it.

But at this point in the season, especially given Self’s equally frustrating (meaning to him) inability to motivate Vick to play with heart and smart, I have serious reservations I will ever taste that dish courtesy of LaGerald.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
6 years 2 months ago #16201 by NotOstertag
I am also frustrated with Vick, but I know that there's a lot that I don't know because I'm not "inside" the program.

The kid has shown us enough of what he CAN do to prove that he's not playing anywhere near his potential. So the question becomes why, and that's where I need to remind myself that he's a college kid. As the dad of a college kid who can't seem to keep his room clean and who's idea of arriving "on time" anyplace is very different than my own, I know that my college kid (knock wood) is doing well in school, on schedule to graduate, working hard, and is also enjoying his time in college. I can't really ask for much more.

I also know a lot of my college kid's friends, and some are doing great, and some are dealing with all kinds of other issues.

So when I apply this lens to how I look at Vick, I'm holding back on "judgement" because I don't have enough data to make a determination.

On one hand, if he's got bad attitude, is just lazy, has a personal beef with Self, is partying too much, or is doing something HIMSELF that's putting himself (and by extension the team) in a bind, then, yes, I'd be very displeased with Vick's presence.

On the other hand, I have no idea what may or may not be going on privately with the kid that could be impacting his performance. Self has expressed is frustration, so maybe that's an indicator that he's doing something himself. Then again, there might be going on that even Self isn't aware of.

I guess that unless/until I hear something that confirms that something that he himself is doing (or not doing) is the thing causing his lack of performance, I'm hopeful that it'll turn itself around.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk, Governors