Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

No matter where you go . . .

• Bayhawk
  • Bayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #16164 by Bayhawk
So Cal Bear wife has her hair appointment in the City at eight in the morning yesterday. Then we meet our CPA for lunch to deal with the disaster Trumps new tax plan is for us in a solidly blue area. (I'm getting to a basketball point soon.) So we park in an expensive garage so we don't come back to find the car window broken and a homeless person sleeping (or worse) in it. I ask Google for a nearby sports bar open at nine o'clock in the morning so I might watch the game on a big screen (I like to drink, but not THAT early!).

Six minutes (walking) away is Irish Times, www.sfirishtimes.com/photos/ They open at nine, I saddle up to the bar owning the place. Staying true to the theme, I order an Irish coffee and enjoy the first few minutes of the game. (All the other screens are on soccer, but the lassie gave me my own TV since I was the only one there!).

You all know how the game went -- on the 120 anniversary yet! Looking around the place at the numerous Irish cultural artifacts I spy a familiar sight; a replica Beware of the PHOG banner up on the wall. Comforting if not effective, I inquired as to its origins. The bar maid said "One of the owners went to school there, so I guess it's something they do." I said I was one of the few people she will meet who "gets it" and to tell the owner I said Rock Chalk! It didn't help the game, but it did make my circumstance a little more enjoyable.

imgur.com/19y9Ii0

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Bayhawk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, CorpusJayhawk, sasnak, JoJoHawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.